Proposed Regulation Amendments - Skills Assessments

Adam Grey

There's a few interesting upcoming amendments to the migration regulations that have just been announced: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2014L00726

IMO the main one to highlight regards skills assessments. Previously skills assessments did not have an 'expiry date' for visa purposes, even though many assessing authority's liked to declare that they did. With the proposed amendment all skills assessments would have a 3 year validity period, or shorter if the assessing authority has specified an earlier expiry date.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

By mistake I used VEVO to check my visa application status, using TRN number and passport details.

Since my application is still under progress it threw an error like invalid visa,,,,

Can this throw up any issues on my visa application?

pls help - going sick with worry.....

thanks

Nish

Hi Nish,

This shouldn't throw up any issues on your visa application. I have often used VEVO to check whether a visa has been granted prior to receiving the visa grant notice.

Good luck with your application.

Regards,

Ben.

Hi Nish,

This shouldn't throw up any issues on your visa application. I have often used VEVO to check whether a visa has been granted prior to receiving the visa grant notice.

Good luck with your application.

Regards,

Ben.

Thanks a ton Ben! very re-assuring.

Archived