help please regarding ielts 7 each band

happyfeet90

hi fellow members

can someone really help me with some advice on how to get 7 each in ielts especially in writing as i have been getting 6.5 twice.i have taking some coaching and practiced alot on Cambridge paper series 1 to 9 but my writing is not meeting 7 band requirement.

please provide any website, tips or concerned material that helped you in getting 7 or more in ielts writing..

i would be grateful for your help.

my husband had the same problem, he finally got 7`s on his 3rd attempt, I goggled ielts writing ect ( & ielts scoring ) & downloaded paper after paper for him and we practised together every night, then went through them with a fine tooth comb, my advice is to do exactly what it says on the paper in the exact order, some people were on their 7/8th attempt, keep practising, keep trying you will get there in the end, good luck :)

my husband had the same problem, he finally got 7`s on his 3rd attempt, I goggled ielts writing ect ( & ielts scoring ) & downloaded paper after paper for him and we practised together every night, then went through them with a fine tooth comb, my advice is to do exactly what it says on the paper in the exact order, some people were on their 7/8th attempt, keep practising, keep trying you will get there in the end, good luck :)

yea it sure is tiring ..i have met ppl in exam center who are suffering from same paradox and even for some it is 11 or 10th attempt

Take small steps. This is only a forum but you could pay close attention to grammar and punctuation to make sure that every sentence is grammatically correct.

For instance, your first paragraph should be:

"Hi fellow members,

Can someone please give me some advice on how to get an IELTS score of 7 in all modules, particularly writing as I have gotten 6.5 twice? I have been receiving coaching (lessons?) and practicing a lot using the Cambridge paper series 1 to 9; however, my writing has not met the requirement for band 7 yet."

I'm not a native speaker so I understand how challenging it is to learn another language. My advice is to keep practicing but make sure someone native goes through your writing and points out the mistakes to you so that you can learn and improve.

GetMeDownUnder is totally right: don't use words you don't understand. Stick to those you do, and when you learn a new word, learn how it is used in a sentence to make sure you understand it. Paradox is defined as a seemingly contradictory statement which when investigated may prove to be true. For example,

"The evidence for the obesity paradox has found those who are overweight or obese are more likely to survive renal failure, heart failure, diabetes and coronary heart disease, regardless of their age."

Hope that helps.

Hi!,

All the advice given above are sound advice particularly in the use of what you know and also to practice. In addition, try to structure your essays properly i.e. it should have a proper opening paragraph, leading on to the first point and so forth and finish up with a closing paragraph. I had advice from other people to make sure that your handwriting is legible as the assessors marks a lot of papers and can tend to be frustrated if he/she can't read your essay properly.

Best of luck!

Archived