Hi everyone! :)

acl

Hello everyone...

I've been browsing the forum for a few weeks now and have found it really really useful. Like most people I'm sure, I was drawn to the forum following lots of research about emigration and trying to get as much information as possible. We've spoken to a few people about emigration but I find their interest wades fast like they think we aren't serious or I get the impression that they don't really understand... Maybe that's just me though ha ?

So, after being a lurk I thought I'd join in a bid to hopefully join the family and make some great friends whilst we start the process!

So, we come as a pair... My name is Adam, I'm the obsessive researcher and planner, 25, living in Leicester and currently a Superstore General Manager for a large holiday company here in the UK... My partner, James, is also 25, we've been together for 2.5 years now and he's a nurse...

Everyone always asks... Why Australia? I don't know, why not is my response and that's all I have currently! We're really drawn to it, no ties to the UK and pretty much free agents so we thought we'd give it a go and live with no regrets!

We've booked a trip down under for next February (last week we booked!) and we are so excited... We're currently looking at emigrating to Melbourne... James loves the thought of the nursing ratios and me, i like the thought of Melbourne but (could you tell that was coming?) I'm really drawn to SE Queensland... Sort of Brissy, Gold Coast... A sort of subtropical dream I have in my mind! On our trip we're visiting Melbourne for 4 nights, the Gold Coast for 4 nights and then back to Melbourne but more specifically, St Kilda, for the last 4 nights before we fly back to the UK again... We've booked with Royal Brunei for the flights... We are debating starting PR offshore or whether to head down under, see what happens and if we find a place we love and get job offers to go down the PR route later... Who knows!

I don't want to bore you all with war and peace so I'll cut it short now but can't wait to meet everyone and make some great friends!!! :)

Thanks,

Ad

Archived