Car Hire with Points on U.K. License

Guest Nelson

I've just read in the rough guide that car rental companies insist on a clean license.. This could seriously affect our mobility in Oz. I have got 6 points on mine :oops: Anybody have any experience, please?

I know I can trade my U.K. license in for a clean Victorian one, but wouldn't I need a fixed address for that, or could I use our short-stay apartment address?

HELP :!:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Arnold

Hi Krista,

when we arrived in Brisbane we had no problem hiring a car, and I have six points on mine.

hope that helps

Matt

Guest Missiemo
I've just read in the rough guide that car rental companies insist on a clean license.. This could seriously affect our mobility in Oz. I have got 6 points on mine :oops: Anybody have any experience, please?

I know I can trade my U.K. license in for a clean Victorian one, but wouldn't I need a fixed address for that, or could I use our short-stay apartment address?

HELP :!:

Hi Krista

I had 3 points :oops: on my licence and this did not cause me any problems, you can use your temp address, but I think you will have to pay to have it changed when you move.

Mo

No problem with a few points, I had three and no questions asked, its the same with getting a WA driving liscence - the slate is wiped clean so to speak.... :D

Archived