Proving Work Rights

NikkiM

Hey Guys,

This may be a silly question, apologies if the answer is right in front of me and I'm missing it!!

My partner has just recently been granted his 309 Visa, just wondering if anyone has any problems when looking for work in regards to proving that you have full rights to work? No where, that I can see, on the official paperwork does it say, so black and white "full work rights" etc.

Does it just come down to showing the visa grant letter, passport, allowing access to VEVO and then the employer searching that, that particular visa allows work rights? Just seems a lot to do!

I could also just print off the general information regarding 309 Visa but it only states "you are allowed to work" or something, perhaps some employers would want more detail and confirmation?

He's not even here yet but I'm just getting ready!

Thanks, Nikki

Based on my experience it is enough if you tell them that you have a right to work and they just believe you. But they can easily check the visa in VEVO and it will show that your partner has full working rights (when logging as a visa holder you don't see that information in VEVO).

It might be the part where it states "visa conditions NIL" . But as others have said, companies should understand what the visa MEANS. But if in doubt, get a visa label. I think it's 75 AUD, and to get it needs yet another form filling in, and the passport to be sent off. I looked at it but couldn't be bothered... Might change my mind later though!

Archived