Visiting Australia around Visa Award time

Ronansmyth

Hi All,

I was hoping for some thoughts/advice from you all. I lodged my 309/100 visa application on the 8th of April (got my CO - R.N - 7 weeks later).

I have now been invited to one of my best friends' wedding in Melbourne on January the 10th 2015. That's 2 days after the 9 month mark and is making me nervous.

I obviously want to attend the wedding, but know form reading on here that I can't be in the country when the visa is granted. I have emailed my CO for advice and await her reply, but thought the combined knowledge on this forum could help.

In an ideal world I would fly on or around the 28th Dec to spend New Year with family, then attend the wedding and come home on the 14th Jan. If the visa is processed before this date I believe I could validate it on the trip, but I am not sure what the rules are if it has not been granted yet. Has anyone had a similar experience or have any advice?

Thanks

As long as your CO knows that you will be/are in Australia, she will send you a pre-grant notification before the visa is granted to give you time to go offshore for the visa grant. You could return home or if you still have things to do in Australia, you could nip across to NZ for a few days so that the visa can be granted over there. Make sure that she can reliably get in touch with you.

In most cases and provided that your application is ready for a decision, the CO will use some common sense and grant the visa before your travel. Around Dec they like to finalise as many things as they can as well. It's worth a friendly nudge to point them in that direction nearer the time.

In most cases and provided that your application is ready for a decision, the CO will use some common sense and grant the visa before your travel. Around Dec they like to finalise as many things as they can as well. It's worth a friendly nudge to point them in that direction nearer the time.

That would be very good indeed.

I have emailed my CO (using the enquiry email). I got a generic reply with some FAQs on it. I am hoping I will get a response from the CO as I have no other contact details for her.

Archived