Aussie big business rorts

markb28

I'm moving house, specifically 500 meters away in Newtown.

To get broadband, Telstra want $300 up front for cable, Optus $150 and $100 a month. Internode etc all expensive also.

Origin want to charge me $45 to read the electricity meter here and another $90 for reading the meters at the new place

Also $500 for the removal costs.

I could get broadband for the whole year back home at less than the startup costs.

Good thing I don't have Foxtel also.

All the companies charge for absolutely everything, even for existing customers. It's sickening

Just done the same but 1k away...........the meter reading at the new place was charged to the outgoing owner...............I've heard quite a few horror stories regarding Origin................Iprimus charged me nothing for the move and in fact, put me on a plan at the same price as the one I had at the old place but with free calls, locally and nationally, (which I previously paid for) and double the download limit with no peak or offpeak................I must've copped lucky at last!

The Banks are at it too.

I have a savings account with CBA that I have to deposit $200 per month and no withdrawals to get a decent interest rate (4.01%).

I noticed recently that the interest paid each month had gone down even though the balance was increasing.

On investigation I found that the bank had reduced the interest rate to 3.81% a couple of months ago without any notification.

We left the UK nearly 7 years ago and I recall that whenever a bank/B.S. changed their rate you were notified by letter.

When I questioned CBA the said they don't send out letters but the info was on their website.

Bear in mind the interest rate hasn't changed in almost a year. No wonder the banks are making such huge profits.

Mike

Edited by Mike and Connie
amendment