Permanent visa 100

Bronyaur

On my 309 visa grant letter, it said that the two years "count down" from 309 to 100, started when I applied for the 309. After the two years, I think they get back in touch to re-assess your situation and then the 100 is granted (ie, I don't think it happens automatically). But hopefully someone who has been through the process, can advise better!

Yes that's my understanding - snippet from letter/visa grant, below:

"You have been granted a temporary visa and will become eligible for consideration for the grant of a permanent visa. You do not need to make a further application for the permanent visa. Generally, applicants become eligible two years after the date of the lodgement of the combined application**. Shortly before that date, the department will write to you and invite to provide further information."

** presumably combined application means the actual applicant's submission as well the sponsor's.

Hi, thanks for that, Its encouraging to know, so basically if it takes 8 to 9 months to get the temp visa, then theres only 14 months roughly to apply for the permanent one.

"Combined application" means your previous application. When you apply for the 309, you are actually applying for and paying for the 100 at the same time. Thus they call it a "combined application." When it's time for your PR, they'll "reassess" you for it by getting updated evidence from you that your relationship is still together - but it's not considered a new application.

ah, thanks, that makes much more sense than my made up reason!

"Combined application" means your previous application. When you apply for the 309, you are actually applying for and paying for the 100 at the same time. Thus they call it a "combined application." When it's time for your PR, they'll "reassess" you for it by getting updated evidence from you that your relationship is still together - but it's not considered a new application.

Hi there, if my relation is broken before getting PR, what will happen? will my 309 be rejected?

What happens depends on the circumstances of your case. If your relationship has ended, or is likely to, you would be well advised to consult a registered migration agent.

Hi there, if my relation is broken before getting PR, what will happen? will my 309 be rejected?

If you have only applied for your 309 and it has not been granted yet, yes, your 309 would be declined if your relationship was no longer standing. If you already hold a 309, if your relationship breaks down before you receive your PR, yes, your 309 would be cancelled and you'd have 28 days (I believe) to leave Australia. There are very few compelling and compassionate circumstances that will allow you to remain in the country and get PR even if the relationship ends. They're things like having a child together, and being a victim of domestic violence.

Do keep in mind that when you apply for the 309 you declare to Immi that you will notify them within (I think) 28 days of the breakdown of your relationship. If you do not, there can be serious consequences.

Archived