iPhone and iPads

Tootsie30

Hi there

just getting things ready to return back to oz and just want to check if I currently have a Apple iPad 32g 3G unlocked will I just be able to get a SIM card plan the same as I always have done with my old phone. Or will I have to pay to egg if unlocked in oz. Any advice on iPads would be a great help!:smile:

If it's already unlocked and you can use a sim card for any network in the UK, you should be fine to do the same in Oz.

If you're in any doubt, call your network and ask to get it unlocked. There is usually a fee for doing this though.

If it's already unlocked and you can use a sim card for any network in the UK, you should be fine to do the same in Oz.

If you're in any doubt, call your network and ask to get it unlocked. There is usually a fee for doing this though.

I'm pretty sure no iPads are locked to a carrier, only iphone's. Some countries used different frequencies for celluar data in the past (LTE etc) but UK & Aus are compatible.

If it's unlocked, it's unlocked and you just whack in a sim. Easy way to try is to put in a sim from another Telco before you go and see what happens. If it will work in UK with an alien sim it will work in Aus with one. If it doesn't work then talk to your provider about unlocking

Hi there

just getting things ready to return back to oz and just want to check if I currently have a Apple iPad 32g 3G unlocked will I just be able to get a SIM card plan the same as I always have done with my old phone. Or will I have to pay to egg if unlocked in oz. Any advice on iPads would be a great help!:smile:

When the missus come over to Perth she had an iPhone and iPad both locked to orange, we read that it will just work over here so just brought them.... got here put a new pay as you go Sim in from Telstra and they both worked fine and have done since....

Archived