Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Brisbane?

BestyBlue

Hi all,

We arrive in Brisbane on the 20th June and are planning on staying there for one night before departing for Toowoomba. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay that is nice and central for us to do our jobs (collecting bank cards etc) before leaving the next day?

Thanks

Meriton is a good chain. Avoid Mantra properties like the plague, they are very poorly maintained in my experience and the customer service is poor.

I would not recommend Fortitude Valley either as it will be very noisy with traffic, anti-social behaviour as it's a night spot.

The Hilton is very central (right above the central train station) and of a very good standard, as you would expect. Oaks serviced apartment properties are also worth considering. They have several properties in the city.

South Bank is also a great option.

We stayed at the Punthill Apartments in Spring Hill for 3 nights on our validation trip - good price and have little kitchenette which is handy - proper coffee and cafetiere provided :) There's a nice café/restaurant downstairs too (Jack and Hill's) which does lovely breakfasts etc. Only a 10 min stroll into the CBD and 5 min from Central station

Have you thought of staying somewhere near to a big shopping mall like Indooroopilly Shoppingtown or Westfield Garden City ? Parking/traffic may be more manageable, accommodation possibly cheaper and you might have all the services you need in the one shopping mall. You could then pop out to Ipswich Rd quite easily to head to Toowoomba. I guess car hire may dictate things though the train from the airport does connect to Indooroopilly.

Guest hoffer

mantra in southbank is nice and not too expensive.

The sheridan is very nice but a fair bit more

Archived