Estate agents, God help us!!!

Guest Brissiebound

Guest Brissiebound

We have had our 457 through for over a month now and 136 app in for 1 month and my wife has a job waiting (nurse) if only we could sell our house!!!!!!!!!!! Just changing agent after 4 weeks of cock ups with schedules etc and only 3 viewers. We are ready to move as soon as house sells and kids are really excited to be gone. Is it just me or has anyone else forgotten how awful estate agents are?

We've had 2 viewings in almost three weeks, and seriously considering changing estate agents. When they did their sales pitch they were promising 3-4 viewings a week - what happened to that?!

Have decided that there is little I can do, therefore not worth getting too upset about. Just got to grin and bear it!

Sorry to hear this. I'm dreading putting ours up for sale. Painting and sorting stuff out at mo. ready to put it up. We havn't had our visa through yet but everything has just been sent off, so everything crossed. :)

Any tips for chosing an estate agent? :?

Al.

Advice? Er... don't believe a word they say?! If you could then I'd get a personal recommendation from someone who's sold recently.

Our neighbours sold just before us, but they hated their estate agent so just gave us an idea of who NOT to go with - it didn't really narrow things down much!

To be honest I'm sure our house would sell quite quickly if we dropped the price, we just want the most money possible - greedy, I know! But seeing as we're not going to Oz until Easter anyway there's no need to sell for below the odds.

And try not to get too optimistic as you will just end up more frustrated! Although it's impossible, I know!

Guest Alison1967

We are going on the market today with our third EA since february.

I think they are all crap, my hubby is stuck in the UK til it sells because I had to come out to start my job.

Good luck to everyone in same boat

Ali

Oh dear.. It's the same old problem rearring its ugly head again! As you may have read, we had a nightmare! Was even offended that no-one seemed to want our beautiful, double-fronted Victorian house that was perfectly maintained!

With regard to choosing an agent though, I would phone the solicitor you intend to use and ask which agents pull their finger out AFTER the sale has been agreed... you know, the bit between the board going up and the actual money landing in your account!

We were getting too excited too quickly and overlooked the fact that the Estate Agents really only started to EARN their money after the SOLD sign went up! Before that, it was us earning the money, cleaning, painting, flower arranging, rushing back because Mrs. Stickybeak wanted to view...

I would ring your solicitor - see who they rate in your town!

Guest Brissiebound

We signed up with new agent yeaterday, we went with a company who have a similar property in the area so we can get the benefit of the advertising they have already done (feel a bit guilty but not too much :D ) The interesting thing is when I made the appointment for the valuer to come out they asked if I was going to go ahead on the day and I told them that I was getting other valuers out. Anyway, the guy turned up and did his thing then offered to market the property for less than 1/2% (offered a fixed fee of £850 plus vat) as they were marketing the other property!! I think this is fantastic AND they have the viewers ready they claim (will wait and see). So if anyone else is in the same position this may be worth a try. Interestingly when I called the other agent to cancel his appointment he said that was a pity as he had 4 viewers lined up!!!!! I guess he was lying and this was sour grapes and, if that is the case then it shows him for what he is........a complete (fill in with chosen expletive)!

Will update if the viewers materialise.

Cheers

Steve

Archived