Replacement costs in Australia

Hi just making a list of items that i am shipping to Australia. I would like to make a list of things that are relatively cheap to buy again once we arrive versus shipping over. For example I checked the price of beds in ikea Brisbane and found it to be reasonable, as opposed to cost of getting a bicycle . These were very dear. Can someone please help me assemble a list starting with cheap things at the top to most expensive at bottom. A lot of stuff we have is relatively old so could replace before we go?

Hello I been here a while and think furniture is very reasonable and found mostly in dollars what you would pay in pounds back home. I shipped my furniture all over but ended up buying mostly new stuff again once I was here. A few things got damaged in the container though and very stupidly I didn't take out insurance.

the one thing I wish I did ship before I came though was a dyson lol. They are more expensive here.

Google every day shops like Harvey Norman, Super Amart, Target.com.au, kmart.com.au, fantastic mr furniture, Big W, Adairs, Spot light and Harris scarfe, The good guys. Bunnings is b&q also to compare prices.

These are all shops you will find almost everywhere and will give you an idea of prices.

The one thing that is expensive here is food and alcohol but I don't think you can ship either lol

We shipped out all our Xmas tree, lights etc so saved a bomb at Xmas time.

Happy packing...

I bought everything new on arrival , things are not that badly priced in comparison to back home , I bought everything new because I still have my uk home and my son was living in it until just recently . He's been on a good thing lol .

hes took all my stuff to his new house with him . Bought him all new white goods before I came out and left him my dyson .

I bought the miele hoover over here and actually prefer it to the dyson best suck I've ever come across on a Hoover haha .

Archived