Shipping car and household effects in one container - John Mason

Guest auzsci

Guest auzsci

Hi,

I hope someone could help me with this. We're using John mason to ship our things and the car in a container (sole use). We've been told that our household effects will be delivered to our place in Melbourne but the car will be handled separately by their agents. Has anyone got any experience with John Mason/their agents in Melbourne? Is it better to use them for getting the car through customs/compliance or should we use someone like Iron Lady imports at the Melbourne side to clear the car?

Many thanks in advance!

I would check out the costs ask them exactly what they are charging for. Do the same with Iron Lady. I'm willing to bet one will be cheaper and more upfront with the figures and won't be jm.

Could le be wrong interested to know though. We used Iron Lady and their charge is clear in addition to other services from which they do not take a cut.

Hi,

We're moving to Melbourne and will be shipping our car in our own container with our personal possessions. It may cost slightly more, but I have peace of mind that my car is safe with all my other possessions and won't risk being knocked or scuffed with the other forms or transportation. It's a personal preference, but I'm just nervous handing the keys of a £40,000 car to another company and hoping it arrives at the other end.

I will be using Iron Lady though for all the import and to get the road on arrival in Melbourne.

Hope this helps.

Guest auzsci

Many thanks to you all! I'm thinking may be we should use Iron Lady to clear the car when our container arrives in Melbourne. John Mason has a very good reputation and I trust them to deliver our household effects door to door but they haven't told us what exactly we'll have to pay at the other end for the car... So I don't have a lot of confidence on that side.

Iron Lady will give you a clear idea of costs. They usually quote worst case so no surprises. Our cost about $800 less in all start to finish and we had a delay and extra work with registration as they couldn't see the engine number easily!

Archived