My cat is flying to Sydney next week

JoannaAch

Almost 4 months after we moved to Sydney, the 180days have passed after her RNATT test and my cat Mercy is flying to Aus next week!

She has been staying with my parents for the past 4 months in Poland and they are preparing her for shipping. We are using a IPATA approved pet shipping company from Poland, but they are very hard to communicate with as they almost never respond to email and I can't really call them from Aus every time I have a question. It's really hard being so far away and not being able to make sure that everything is perfect for the flight:( I just hope that my parents will remember all the things they need to do and that the shipping company will manage everything correctly.

Does anybody have any last minute advice for preparing a cat for the flight and quarantine? I got her a special blanket for the kennel that will keep dry during the flight, but I don't know what else can be done to make a trip as easy as possible for her. She is doing a 10days quarantine in Sydney (Eastern Creek) station.

I can't wait until I will be able to pick her up and take her home!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update

My cat Mercy arrived safely yesterday morning in Sydney and is now in Eastern Creek quarantine, where she will stay for the next 10 days. The whole flight took around 32h and it was very stressful for me. I have been tracking the flight all the way to Sydney and called the quarantine people (even though it's supposedly not allowed) as soon as she arrived (on Emirates cargo website it showed "Delivered") and they told me that all the pets that arrived where fine and that I will receive an email in the evening. In the afternoon (before closing hours) I called the quarantine people again and they confirmed that she is fine.

In 9 days I will finally take her home!

Thank goodness.

I haven't been able to sleep.

Just kidding. Good news.

:)

It's pretty crazy, but I think I was more stressed about my cats trip than when I was applying for our visas... And I read through all of the threads in the Pets forum.........

Guest The Pom Queen
:)

It's pretty crazy, but I think I was more stressed about my cats trip than when I was applying for our visas... And I read through all of the threads in the Pets forum.........

You do stress Hun they are part of the family, if you didn't stress I would be worried. I bet you are counting down the hours until you get her back.

Glad your cat made it safely, Joanna! :)

Our girls Keiko and Ciara made it too 2 days ago! Received a lovely email from the Spotswood staff to let us know how they were settling in on Thursday afternoon. We can pick them up next Sunday!

We picked our two lovely little (feline) boys up from Perth airport last Saturday after they had spent their 10 days in quarantine in Sydney and then had the extra flight from there to Perth. It is such a relief to have them here, know they are safe and that everything fitted together seamlessly for their transfers etc. They are now getting lots of cuddles...... the children are especially loving having them around again! So glad we made the choice to bring them with us..... our rental sudden feels like 'home'! :hug:

Glad your cat made it safely, Joanna! :)

Our girls Keiko and Ciara made it too 2 days ago! Received a lovely email from the Spotswood staff to let us know how they were settling in on Thursday afternoon. We can pick them up next Sunday!

Looks like our pets arrived in Australia on the same day! Which airline did your cats flew with? My Mercy flew with Emirates through Dubai. And it looks like she is the first of her breed (Nebelung) in Australia:) I also can't wait until Sunday to finally take her home.

We picked our two lovely little (feline) boys up from Perth airport last Saturday after they had spent their 10 days in quarantine in Sydney and then had the extra flight from there to Perth. It is such a relief to have them here, know they are safe and that everything fitted together seamlessly for their transfers etc. They are now getting lots of cuddles...... the children are especially loving having them around again! So glad we made the choice to bring them with us..... our rental sudden feels like 'home'! :hug:

I already bought all the stuff for Mercy, so our unit starts to look more like home too! Can't wait until we pick her up and bring her home. I haven't seen her for so long (she stayed with my parents for the last 6 months), I hope she still remembers me!

They flew Malaysian Airlines, the exact same route we'd take when we fly from the Netherlands to Australia stopping over in KL! :)

How exciting for you! New breed in Australia :D A few people here are curious about our breed though they have quite a few of them here, lovely fluffy girls! :)

Archived