Diploma in Health and Safety or HNC in Construction??

Hello to all :biggrin:

Having recently spent two years on a working holiday visa in Australia, I have decided I want to move to Ozzy for good!

I am a NVQ3 qualified Painter and Decorator, so will be applying for my visa with this.

I wont be arriving in Australia for a couple of years so I have decided to train again (this is where I need help!)

I have two options, firstly i have been accepted into college to do an HNC in construction and i have also completed my General certificate in Health and safety.

The HNC will allow me to get in to Quantity Surveying and Project Management.

The Diploma, a Health and Safety Advisor.

I wont have time to study for both so what I need to know is what is going to be of more advantage in terms of salary, job availability, career progression once in Australia??

Is the HNC recognised for Q.S roles?

As I will be emigrating on my NVQ3 I will have to keep Painting so will not have experience in either of these occupations until I make the move.

I have experience working in the Pilbra and would like to get back into FIFO work with one of these occupations. I am quite happy to work regional if it means gaining experience in my new occupation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Archived