Living costs in Adelaide

cherries002

We plan on moving to Adelaide next year (all being well) and wandered if anyone could spare time to give me average living costs for a family of 4 including gas/elec/utilities/health/petrol/food etc etc.. obviously food differs for most households depending on where they shop etc but an approx for these items would be interesting. We envisage to be living in a 3/4 bedroom property, nothing over the top just your average house. Wandered how much mortgages are too ?? We could be looking at approx UK GBP £150,000 - £200K

Thanks for anyone who can advise :biggrin:

From talking to my work mates out bills differ HUGELY. Especially over summer and winter where some people use way more gas an electricity than others, what with heating and cooling.

I agree with looking on poms in Adelaide. There's lots on there about living costs. :-)

Hi,

We've been living in Adelaide for over two and a half years now. Our first rental was a 2 yr old 3 bed in Glengowrie which cost $550 pw. We have since moved to an older but far nicer place in Hove which is a 3 bed 2 bath with a pool which costs $450 pw. Our living costs for a family of 4 per week is roughly $250 food shop, $30 petrol 1 car, $20 Gas, $40 Electric, Water $20, Health Ins $25, School Fees $40 (1 public secondary school child $20, 1 kindy $20). On top of that you have insurance etc. As far as mortgages go it really depends on what area you decide to settle in. Take a look at realestate.com.au or domain.com.au. The house buying process over here is very different from the UK.

Good luck with it all, its not easy but its worth it. I would be happy to help or offer any more advice if i can.