457 Processing Time April 2014

Hi All,

I'm new here and noticed that there hadn't been a new post in a while about 457 processing timelines. I am recently relocating back to Sydney on my second 457 visa after working the US for a year. I previously had been in Sydney on a different 457 for two and a half years and cancelled my 457 myself upon my return back to the US (which from my understanding was what I was supposed to do?)

Anyhow, my new sponsoring company has hired a MA to do my application, which I went through the same way previously. My company is already approved to sponsor and the MA submitted the nomination form along with my 457 application last week on 6 May. My last 457 only took 8 days from the lodgement to granting, so I'm wondering if anyone else has been granted or is still waiting from April or May and what their experience has been?

Just an FYI my MA said that the current wait time from DIAC is two-four weeks for a 457, hopefully this information helps someone!

Thanks! :biggrin:

Lane

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm currently waiting for a 457, and have been told that the usual processing time is going to be 10-21 days. please let us know if anything happened with your cases.

Edited by MJ7739

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

Unfortunately, I am still waiting on my 457 if you can believe it! According to my lawyer I haven't been issued a case officer either, so I'm expecting a bit of a wait. It is five weeks to the day today, there must be some kind of pile up in the queue since my application is quite straight forward, coming from the US and not working in the healthcare or education fields.

An exercise in patience for sure!

Anyone else heard anything?

Hi there,

My sponsoring company was already approved as a sponsor and the migration agent submitted the nomination and my application together on the 21st March 2014. We heard nothing back for a long time, not even that a case officer had been allocated. On the 7th May 2014 the visa was granted. My application was pretty straight forward as I was already in Australia on a 457 for the same nominated occupation but I was changing employers and my current 457 was due to expire.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

I applied three days ago. Where in my Immi Account can I see any updates... not expecting anything to happen any time soon from reading these posts, but will it be under 'Status' where it currently says "In Progress", or do I have to click into the actual application?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update from me here. My visa was granted today, 18 June. My timeline was as follows:

Application and Nomination submitted: 6 May, 457 Visa granted: 18 June.

Much longer than my first visa!

Hope this helps people currently in processing!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Just a quick update from me here. My visa was granted today, 18 June. My timeline was as follows:Application and Nomination submitted: 6 May, 457 Visa granted: 18 June.Much longer than my first visa!Hope this helps people currently in processing!
HiI want to know when were you appointed a case officer?

Mine was slightly differed. A 457 subsequent entrant application to my partners visa which was granted last February, but just for Case Officer info etc...

Applied 10/6/14

Case Officer allocated 2/07/14

Granted 9/07/14

It probably would have been granted straight away as the case officer requested further information - this turned out to be information I had already submitted - and when I queried it, it took a week to get back to me.

Good luck everyone.

Hi all,

I submitted on 1st July (with nomination already approved) and am still (not very patiently) waiting to hear something.

I log into my immi account every day (I'm obsessed!), and it still says 'in progress' but nothing has changed since I submitted everything and paid. The payment was processed immediately (surprise!) Did anyone submit around that time? If so, have you heard anything?

I'm having a big leaving party this weekend, the main question on everyone's lips will be 'so... when do you fly?! But I can't answer that, as I can't book my flight until the visa is approved, so it is a bit awkward! I just want to know when I'm going. My employer wants me to start work on 4th August - which I think is looking unlikely! Also, I finish work here in the UK next week, but my employer has offered to keep me on after 31st July if I get delayed... It would be useful to know an estimated time so I can decide if that is worth getting that set up now!

Ok, rant over. If anyone can share any recent experiences that would be welcome!

Hi all,

I submitted on 1st July (with nomination already approved) and am still (not very patiently) waiting to hear something.

I log into my immi account every day (I'm obsessed!), and it still says 'in progress' but nothing has changed since I submitted everything and paid. The payment was processed immediately (surprise!) Did anyone submit around that time? If so, have you heard anything?

I'm having a big leaving party this weekend, the main question on everyone's lips will be 'so... when do you fly?! But I can't answer that, as I can't book my flight until the visa is approved, so it is a bit awkward! I just want to know when I'm going. My employer wants me to start work on 4th August - which I think is looking unlikely! Also, I finish work here in the UK next week, but my employer has offered to keep me on after 31st July if I get delayed... It would be useful to know an estimated time so I can decide if that is worth getting that set up now!

Ok, rant over. If anyone can share any recent experiences that would be welcome!

hi bbuddy

I also have applied on 8th July 2014 and I am also waiting for my case officer to be allocated. If you have a case officer appointed let me know.

Thanks

mitesh

hi bbuddy

I also have applied on 8th July 2014 and I am also waiting for my case officer to be allocated. If you have a case officer appointed let me know.

Thanks

mitesh

hi Mitesh

i applied on 9th July. Case officer is not yet allocated.

Hi all,

I submitted my application on 20th June and am still waiting to hear something.

Here is my Timeline:

Application lodged on: 20/06/2014

Medical completed on: 23/06/2014

Medicals Uploaded on: 01/07/2014

Further information requested: 11/07/2014.

I have submitted the required documents on the same day. I am waiting for any update from the CO. Any idea why its taking that long. the wait is killing me :wacko:

Mine came through in 22 days. Booked my flight today :-)

my status said -"in progress" throughout, and I wasn't notified that I had been assigned a case officer. Suddenly I just got an email saying the visa was granted!

I wish you all luck with yours, hope they come through soon.

Hello,

I also applied on 20th June. it's been 5 weeks exactly, here is my timeline so far

Nomination and Sponsorship applied 16th June

Visa Applied 20th June

Sponsorship approved 25th June

Medicals completed 3rd July

Case officer allotted and further info 17th July

Nomination approved 22nd July

I was reading elsewhere that it delays process if your in healthcare sector? is that the case? because i can see some people getting 457 in 2-3 weeks while the rest wait for months... also do it effect if there is single applicant in your application or multiple? as i am single, i thought maybe my application will be expedited but getting all nervous as i have to be in Australia before 6th September...

• 4 weeks later...