Visa 190 - state enquiry

Guest nastasia

Guest nastasia

hello, I would like to know for visa 190 state sponsor, can I choose which state I want to be sponsored by? Is there a preference list we can select or it will be any state without ability to choose?

You can only get sponsorship by a state that has your occupation on its list of occupations eligible for sponsorship. Then, if there is more than one state where sponsorship is available for your occupation, you choose which state to apply to (or you check that state box on your EOI). If you submit an EOI and tick the boxes for all (or several) states, then it's a lucky dip but most are only interested in people who have specified their state - they only want people who really want to live and work there.

http://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/2013/04/26/i-am-seeking-state-or-territory-government-nomination/Generally, you will need to apply separately to the state to nominate you ( apart from filling in the eoi). Except for WA, they have different procedure....So you choose which state you want to apply to, but it's up to the state whether they will approve your nomination and nominate you...You can go to the following web above and check the procedure....

Guest nastasia

Thanks to both for your replies.

About how much time it takes from application date to get visa sponsored? Just want to have an idea.

Guest nastasia

I checked the state of victoria specifically and the job I am looking for is not on their sponsor list even though it's on the immigration csol list. Does that mean that I cannot apply for state of victoria even on skillselect?

Guest nastasia

Thanks maggie but can it happen that an employer from that state provide the sponsorship instead?

Archived