Do Australia recognise my qualifications ???

Andy2577

Hi All :biggrin:

Just a quick question for the branic's among us .......I am in the process of selling up here in Lancashire and making the move to OZ in july this year. Because I am from a strong farming back ground here in the UK I have decided to spend 6 months in the wheat belt Combining wheat etc but I notice a lot of the jobs require a skilled person with all the relevant licences to drive the sprayer . This i do not have however it is only a 3 day course at my old college and £600, but i was wondering if I took the course and got my spraying license ......would it be recognised over in OZ ?

I have my HGV license which I hope they will recognise that in OZ.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

You are still going to need to get whatever licences they are asking for.

Your HGV licence will not be recognised over here. The only ones which can be used are car and motorbike I'm afraid. Thst can be a bit pricey to get too.

Are you coming on a working holiday visa?

You are still going to need to get whatever licences they are asking for.

Your HGV licence will not be recognised over here. The only ones which can be used are car and motorbike I'm afraid. Thst can be a bit pricey to get too.

Are you coming on a working holiday visa?

oh thats grim :(

might consder doing my HC license when i get over but will have to look into it a bit more.

Yes I will be coming on a working holiday Visa with the intention to stay as a permanant resident. Was trying to come over on a skilled migrant visa as im on the SOL list but i lack a NVQ level 3 qualification so they wont let me do it . Was told the easiest way into OZ is by way of a WHV then apply for permanant residency

Andy you would have to find someone who would be prepared to sponsor you in order for you to stay. Might not be that easy. I know people who had the same idea as you but had to go home in the end. I am a bit surprised you are selling up when you are coming on a temporary WHV - I suppose it depends what you are selling up of course.

Andy you would have to find someone who would be prepared to sponsor you in order for you to stay. Might not be that easy. I know people who had the same idea as you but had to go home in the end. I am a bit surprised you are selling up when you are coming on a temporary WHV - I suppose it depends what you are selling up of course.

I Have had a long discussion with my Visa agent about that very thing, I have been given a job offer for 6 months on the wheat belt , I may be able to stay on there and get them to sponsor me but if not ,with my qualifications i shouldnt have a problem getting a job in my qualified field as an agricultural mechanic. But again failing that I can get sponsorship through my sisters business up in Gladstone. Or failing that again I will travel over to NZ and try to get sponsorship there through farm work etc.

what i mean by selling up is my business over here in the UK and most of my belongings.....Im determined im not coming back but if for what ever reason I dont make it to permanant residency then my second choice will be Marbella as i have family and friends there ...either way there is no way im coming back to the UK

Are you aware that on a WHV you CANNOT work for an employer for more than 6 months, also to get sponsorship you many need to have the qualification necessary.

Also, as far as I have read it is very difficult indeed to get sponsorship from a family member, have you looked into how a business goes about registering to be able to sponsor someone? It is much harder to get a 457 than ever before.

Make sure your visa agent is recommended and is giving you the correct advice, there are a lot of people who have been conned by agents in the past. Perhaps search the company name on google looking for reviews. Members on here have lost thousands in poor advice.

Are you aware that on a WHV you CANNOT work for an employer for more than 6 months, also to get sponsorship you many need to have the qualification necessary.

Also, as far as I have read it is very difficult indeed to get sponsorship from a family member, have you looked into how a business goes about registering to be able to sponsor someone? It is much harder to get a 457 than ever before.

Make sure your visa agent is recommended and is giving you the correct advice, there are a lot of people who have been conned by agents in the past. Perhaps search the company name on google looking for reviews. Members on here have lost thousands in poor advice.

Totally agree with all of this. Especially the being sponsored by a family members company. I'd cross that off your idea list.

Also, if you can't pass the skills test with your qualification now then you won't be able to pass it when you get here and won't be able to be sponsored for pr straight away. IF (and that is an if) your qualifications are enough for the 457 you maybe ok if you can find a company willing and able (not all can) to sponsor you for two years on a 457, and then for pr after that then you might be ok. However, they don't have to sponsor you for pr after the two years. Worth knowing.

Totally agree with all of this. Especially the being sponsored by a family members company. I'd cross that off your idea list.

Also, if you can't pass the skills test with your qualification now then you won't be able to pass it when you get here and won't be able to be sponsored for pr straight away. IF (and that is an if) your qualifications are enough for the 457 you maybe ok if you can find a company willing and able (not all can) to sponsor you for two years on a 457, and then for pr after that then you might be ok. However, they don't have to sponsor you for pr after the two years. Worth knowing.

Ive just got off the phone to my agent who has given me a bit of good news , he has looked into my file and has worked out i have almost enough points to qualify for a 189 visa ....he reccomends i go for a IELTS test in order to get the points i need . What he also sugested as i said i wanted to get to OZ asap was to apply for a WHV and a 189 and run them side by side and when the WHV has run out i get a bridging visa until they make a decission on my 189...he said if the 189 fails for whatever reason i should be able to get a 190 state sponsored visa.

A little bit more to think about i suppose

Andy, some alarm bells are ringing for me. Did your agent advise to come on a WHV to start with as a means of gaining PR? If so, then that would be a worry as it is clearly not the right course to follow. Is your agent MARA registered? At the moment I can only see one way that you are likely to qualify for a permanent visa and that would be through your trade as an agricultural mechanic. Have you looked if this is on the SOL - it must be on the SOL to qualify for a 189. Also, have you looked at what would be needed to pas the skills assessment for this occupation? If it is on the sol then on this list next to it will be a code. If you google this code then you will find what is needed for the skills assessment.

Hi VERYSTORMY

I met my agent at the "Down under live" exbo in B'ham , he had no info on me other than what i told him . I said i wanted to get to OZ asap and he sai the fastest way there was through a WHV . He pointed out i would have to undertake 3 months regional work to qualify for a 2nd yr visa . He sugested that at the point i would be granted a 2nd year WHV to then apply for a PR and run the 2nd yr WHV back to back with the PR.

The next day he rang me and said he looked thought my CV and said that i would qualify for a 189 or a 190 visa however i was a few points short of my goal so he sugested i take a IELTS test and depending on the outcome i would either qualify for a 189 or a 190.

With regards my skills assesment i need to show them my trade qualifications / certificates i obtained from college as a Agricultural engineer, and also i need at least 5yrs work experience that i can prove through Employer references. The whole 189 visa is not cheap as he has quoted me £5,800 ...his fee is £2,000 and the rest is taken up with medial checks,police checks,IELTS test, Aus government fee etc.

I hope this clarifies my situation a little better than i seem to have been putting it ?

:)

Archived