Australian study requirement doubt

alimansoor

Hello guys,

Today i receive an invitation for lodging the visa. I have just 60 points and i have claimed 5 points for Australian study requirement.

According to the cricos code ( 058444D), I satisfy the requirement. But the fact is the duration of my course was just 1.5 years. I completed only 120 CP at griffith University.

This particular course also had a work component . But because i had previous work experience , they excluded work component for me.

Is my claim valid? What if at later stage , CO finds and reduce the points, i will just land up with 55 points. If this happens, will the CO give an opportunity to improve IELTS score to increase the points.

I am confused whether to lodge application or let this invitation lapse so that i update this with my new IELTS score.

If your points are reduced you lose your visa fee and have to reapply.

Don't you have to have studied for two years to get the points? When I did my course we were advised NOT to use recognition of prior learning as if we didn't complete all of the modules we wouldn't hit the two years officially.

Hello guys,

Today i receive an invitation for lodging the visa. I have just 60 points and i have claimed 5 points for Australian study requirement.

According to the cricos code ( 058444D), I satisfy the requirement. But the fact is the duration of my course was just 1.5 years. I completed only 120 CP at griffith University.

This particular course also had a work component . But because i had previous work experience , they excluded work component for me.

Is my claim valid? What if at later stage , CO finds and reduce the points, i will just land up with 55 points. If this happens, will the CO give an opportunity to improve IELTS score to increase the points.

I am confused whether to lodge application or let this invitation lapse so that i update this with my new IELTS score.

It it looks like a risk to me, if you didn't complete two academic years or 16 calendar months then it doesn't look like you are eligible for these points. As Blossom said, you should have done the full course not obtained exemptions.

I completed all my subject. The exception was only with the work module.

My course start date was 09/07/2007 and the end date was 31/12/2008. This information is based on Confirmation of Enrollment provided by DIAC. According to this, i have 16 months. Based on this information , does it satisfy study requirement

I completed all my subject. The exception was only with the work module.

My course start date was 09/07/2007 and the end date was 31/12/2008. This information is based on Confirmation of Enrollment provided by DIAC. According to this, i have 16 months. Based on this information , does it satisfy study requirement

But you would have had holiday times in that period. It is two academic years or 16 calendar months of study, well that is how I read it anyway but I am not claiming to be an expert. All I can say again, is that personally I would not risk it.

I think you'll be OK. Your course was completed over at least 16 calendar months (AFAIK, official course breaks are counted) and was registered for at least 92 weeks of study. The only question is if the exemption of the work component reduced the course to below 92 weeks. If it didn't, I don't think you have a problem.

Hello guys,

Look up Regulation 1.15F

I looked at http://cricos.deewr.gov.au/Course/CourseDetails.aspx?CourseID=58444.

My course duration is 104 weeks. I have not done the work component and it says that the work component contributes for 11 weeks. If i remove 11 from 104. I land up with 93 weeks. Is this the way i consider?

92 weeks is the requirement so if your figures are accurate (and accepted by your Case Officer), you should be OK.

A COE only shows what you enrolled for. It doesn't show what you actually did though it could probably form the first part of your claim to have met the ASR.

I looked at http://cricos.deewr.gov.au/Course/CourseDetails.aspx?CourseID=58444.

My course duration is 104 weeks. I have not done the work component and it says that the work component contributes for 11 weeks. If i remove 11 from 104. I land up with 93 weeks. Is this the way i consider?

You are playing with fire and if you are wrong there is no way back. Take some professional advice.

Archived