How to Get PR if I have 457 Visa

joe1234

Hi All,

I am Joe from UK, I am in Australia on 457 visa from last one year and I wish to apply for the Permanent Residency. Please let me know in which visa I can apply. I have 7 years of total experience and 1 year in Australia. My occupation is in SOL List. Please advice me......

Joe

You can wait till you have done 2 years and apply for the 186 Transitional Visa (as I did) - benefit is you don't need a skills test or the degree level (or similar) qualification. I had the wrong degree, was 45 so this was the only option. If you can meet the skills / quals and pass the tests, you can apply now. Google 186 or visit the immi site. Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion, I worked on 457 visa with different employer 10 months and now working with new employer from 5 months, So in total I need 2 years or 2 years with my current employer...

Please suggest...

I found I am eligible for 189 but process is very long as I am looking for the alternatives...

Cheers..

Joe

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion, I worked on 457 visa with different employer 10 months and now working with new employer from 5 months, So in total I need 2 years or 2 years with my current employer...

Please suggest...

I found I am eligible for 189 but process is very long as I am looking for the alternatives...

Cheers..

Joe

No it isn't very long. Certainly quicker than waiting another 19 months with your current employer.

But visas aren't quick. There is no permanent visa you can get quickly. If you are not prepared to wait, then you will need to stick with the temporary one.

Archived