ANMAC Professional Reference and Employment Statement-

liliannn

Hello all !!

May I ask what are the differences between professional reference and employment statement? Is that I need to provide both of them?

I saw from ANMAC guideline for professional reference..

http://anmac.org.au/sites/default/files/documents/20140312_MSA_Professional_reference_example.pdf

so I just need to follow the example..then would be accepted?

I worked in a mixed ward before..so I should put 254499 Registered Nurse as the ANZCO code?

Also, how do you contact your supervisor to do for you? you will send her a sample or just the template to let her fill in for you?

I am in Perth now btw, if anyone is around here and doing the same thing as me, it will be good that we can meet up too.

thanks a lot!

[TABLE=width: 245]

[TR]

[TD=width: 50%] 254499[/TD]

[TD=width: 50%]Registered Nurse (not elsewhere classified[NEC])

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 2 months later...

I was Googling, came across this page, thought it was a Government one, but it's a private agency. Seems to have the information though?

logo-au.gif Search About Us|Contact Us|Media Centre|Careers|News|Platinum Card| Blog|Client Area

Skilled Migration

Working Holiday Visa

Business Visas

Family Visas

Spouse Visa

Travel Visas

icon-bookmark.gifBookmark icon-print.gifPrint

Australian Visa Bureau » Visas and Immigration » Australia Jobs » Nursing Jobs in Australia

[h=1]Nursing Jobs in Australia: Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council (ANMC)[/h]If you intend to apply for migration to Australia under one of the General Skilled Migration categories, you must have a nominated occupation which is on the Skilled Occupations List at the time you apply. In order to make a valid application, you must have obtained a skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation.

link-arrow-red.gifDo You Qualify For Nursing Jobs In Australia?

ANMC is the assessing authority for the following occupation:

There is currently a high demand for nurses and midwives in Australia, with both occupations featuring on the Critical Skills List.

[h=2]Registered Nurses and Midwives[/h]Nurses and midwives seeking to determine their eligibility to apply for registration as a nurse in Australian may apply for an assessment of their qualifications provided they have:

• Completed a pre-registration course of training
  • Been registered as a nurse in the country where education was undertaken
  • Current registration, a practising certificate or licence in the country where they are currently practising, or
  • A demonstrated proficiency in the English language (see below for the language competency requirements).

It is a requirement for nurses to be able to meet and demonstrate the National Nursing / Midwifery Competency Standards before they are granted registration. To discuss your eligibility for registration you will need to contact the individual state or territory nursing and midwifery regulatory authority in the state or territory where you wish to practise.

Overseas nurses may be required to complete a Competency Based Assessment. Program/Bridging Program in order to be able to meet this requirement. These courses must be completed either all or in part in Australia. The requirement to complete such a program will be determined at assessment.

link-arrow-red.gifDo You Qualify For Nursing Jobs In Australia?

[h=3]Language Competency Requirements[/h]In Australia, English is the language of communication in health care settings. Therefore, it is essential that nurses have a level of proficiency in English which enables them to communicate competently and safely with clients and colleagues.

Hi the employment statement you get from HR stating the dates you have been employed and at what level and amount of contracted hours. There is a template for a professional reference which is likely what youve posted. if your claiming points for years experience you need a professional reference and HR statement from each employer for the amount of years claimed.

Archived