visa and depression

kelbel01

I am soon to go to the doctor to talk about potential depression. If it is confirmed, will it cause any problems with my future visa? I will declare it but I don't want it to be a barrier. I am not a danger to myself or those around me. It is mild, I do not self harm etc. Please advise

I also suffer from migraines but that's it medial wise

Thank you

I posted a question similar to this a while ago as I was worried given my partner has depression (similar to yours - no self harm, no danger to anyone, never hospitalised, just on meds) and it came up in his medical and the doc said our CO may ask for more details but that was over a month now and we havent heard from her. I too am hoping it wont go against him but to be honest I dont think that it will (well fingers crossed anyways). Dont try to hide anything from your CO or the doc when it comes to the medical as its better to be honest than to get caught out trying to hide something, even if it is something small. And my partner said the doc was quite understanding and didnt go into that much detail about it other than to ask questions that you have already answered (self harm, hospitalised, danger etc).

Good luck and try not to stress too much about it, just get yourself better :)

Archived