EOI

alexdeeney

Can anyone help we're filling and EOI out and my husbands jobs has an ANZCO code does he still have to have his skill assessed if not how do we put this in the EOI? And I'm a dental nurse would I have to have my skill assessed to be added to his application?

Can anyone help we're filling and EOI out and my husbands jobs has an ANZCO code does he still have to have his skill assessed if not how do we put this in the EOI? And I'm a dental nurse would I have to have my skill assessed to be added to his application?

You need to get skills assessed before you even start the EOI. I am not clear if you have done that yet, if you haven't then forget about EOI for now. You only need to get skills assessed if you are claiming partner points.

How do we go about getting them assessed as we don't quite understand the websites? And do you have to pay? X

At risk of sounding flippant, you follow the skills assessment application process. But I am not being flippant, you need to go to the website of the appropriate skills assessment body, search for skills assessment and then complete their application process. This varies by occupation so it is difficult to comment further without knowing what occupation you are applying under. Can you tell us that? D you know who the skills assessing body is? Yes there will be a fee, it could be a couple of hundred to a few thousand, depending on occupation.

Can I just add one more thing as obviously you are new to this.

But as mentioned earlier, noteit is imperative that you do not do that EOI first. There are some very strict rules about the order you need to do certain things that you really don't want to fall foul of - it could be an expensive mistake. So if you did start an EOI, then scrap it and when the time is right and you have the skills assessment done and IELTS is done start a fresh one.

Skilled migration is quite complicated. Before starting your EOI, you should carefully read the information on the DIBP website to make sure you have a good grasp of the steps involved, the documents required, and how you will provide evidence of your eligibility. Many people do this on their own, and many people use a migration agent (usually if they find the process too complicated or want the assurance of professional knowledge and experience to give them a better chance of success). If you are finding the information hard to understand, you should consider speaking with a migration agent, even if it's just to get an initial assessment and an summary of what you need to do.

If you're a Dental Nurse, you don't need a skills assessment. The occupation is not eligible for partner skills points and that's the only reason a secondary applicant would ever need a skills assessment. As stated several times above, your partner MUST have a positive skills assessment before submitting an EOI for any points tested visa (189, 190 or 489). I think he will also need one before submitting an EOI for a Direct Entry 186 ENS visa.

If you have further questions, it would be useful to know his occupation and the visa the EOI is for.

Hi guys

I have a question I've started to worry about my visa application because of the delay ...,.the question regards claiming for work experience points in the EOI . I read that the occupations have to be relevant or closely related which they are Both my occupations are in the same unit group 399.

I have over 5 years experience post qualification and have claimed this In my EOI .

I have a positive skills assessment for 399213 but my other occupation was 399212 I have claimed for both is this acceptable ?

399212 and 399213 are in the same unit group (3992) and are therefore deemed to be 'closely related'. You can claim eligible work experience in both occupations.

http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/2012/04/24/changes-to-points-tested-skilled-migration-visas/#comment-401 The DIBP Migration Blog on the subject of closely related occupations

Thanks for for the quick response really appreciate it ... That's what I read and why I claimed the points but started to doubt my judgement because I read about skills assessment points advice So I thought maybe I had to do that In order to claim the points .....

the worst part is I was part is I could have just put 3 years experience and not worried about it ....

The wait goes on then hopefully see a grant soon !!

Archived