House up for sale !!!!!

Karlewi

Well we are now joining all of you on here who are desperately trying to sell their house in order to move to Oz to live the dream. The Estate Agent seemed optimistic when he visited. We had them in last sumnmer to give us a guide price for our visa application and were pleased when he returned this week and said he didn't believe the value had dropped, in fact he said to put it up for another £10k - but wanting to sell it as quickly as possible, we stuck to what he told us last summer. Fingers crossed we will sell it quickly because we cannot wait :arghh:.

Karen, Mick & Lewis xxxx

p.s. taking the day off of work on Friday to get our passports stamped !!!! :yes:

Guest AJTCOURIERS

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we put our 4 bed up for sale last October and in September the houses on this estate were selling quickly within 2 weeks. We thought we would be out of here quite fast because of what we were told but we have only had four viewings in that time. We haven't applied for the de facto spouse visa as yet but will do so in next week or so. We had a bloke knock the door last week and offer £220k for this house. We both laughed and told him to drive round the corner and look at the 3 beds!It is immaculate but no-one is going to pay the £270k it is valued at. We are hoping for just under £260k so still waiting for someone who wants or who can afford it!I hope it doesn' t take you long to sell yours but you may find you have to drop price considerably to sell it.

Good Luck!

Cindy

Guest cazbeckham

Karlewi

Congrats on your visa and good luck with your house sale, where in Essex are you?

When you go to London to get your passport stamped be prepared for a long wait, I heard from someone on one of these forums that people are queuing from 8am and the doors are only open till 11am or 11.30am and if you are at the front of the line when the doors closed you will have to go back again another day.

So unless you are making a day of it in London as well it would be wiser to send passports special deliver as if they are sent on a Monday you will have them back by Friday latest, just a thought as you need to be there early to get in the queue.

Good luck on

Caz

Guest julie2g1b

hi karen

we have had our house on the market 12 weeks on monday and not one person has

been around :arghh: the agent we were with promised the earth saying they had people

on the books as is a sort after area but he must have been lying just to get a sale

we were having to ring them every 2 weeks so as of monday going with another agent

who again said some of the same but is offering some extra's.

hope all goes well as we too have had our visa's just the sale of the house i sent mine

off speacial delivery on the thursday got them back monday which was quick so unless

you are spending day i would save your money cost me £10 to send think you will spend

more going down.

but is a good excuse to shop :biglaugh:

all the best

julie :wubclub:

Guest Pinhead
Karlewi

Congrats on your visa and good luck with your house sale, where in Essex are you?

When you go to London to get your passport stamped be prepared for a long wait, I heard from someone on one of these forums that people are queuing from 8am and the doors are only open till 11am or 11.30am and if you are at the front of the line when the doors closed you will have to go back again another day.

So unless you are making a day of it in London as well it would be wiser to send passports special deliver as if they are sent on a Monday you will have them back by Friday latest, just a thought as you need to be there early to get in the queue.

Good luck on

Caz

Why did you need to go to London to get your passport stamped?

For my Skilled Visa I just sent my passport off & they stuck the visa into it and sent it back.

We are only 30 minutes by train to the City - so not far to go and we were going to make a day of it. However didn't realise that we could send the passports by post so thank you all for that. More time for shopping !!!!

Pinhead - we are in Stanford-le-Hope, are you in Essex too?

We have talked about renting the house out as a last resort, but really hope it doesn't come to that.

I've lived in this house for 22 years so had accumulated so much crap - but having spent weeks visiting the dump we are all now straight and tidy - just a case of keeping it like that I suppose, which isn't easy with an untidy 18 year old - but a small price to pay I suppose - but that's me being optimistic, I suppose in the next few weeks when nobody views, things will go back to normal, albeit with not quite so much to clear up.

Good luck to you all with selling your houses.

Karen, Mick & Lewis x

Hey good luck with the house,

things should start picking up soon and it sounds like you are being realistic about what you will get, I have decided not to do anything rash until after the kids go back to school in two weeks time.

Have a great day on Friday

Karen X

Archived