Negative Skill assess by CPAA. The End??

Shiny76

Hi All

have received a negative skill assessment letter (not academicallysuitable for migration under ANZSCO 221111-Accountant General), the reason isthe epic missing Accounting theory.

Should I:

1- Seek re-assessment with other lenient assessing authority? Please suggestone.

2- Seek the help of an agent.

3- Take an online course for this Accounting theory. How andcost?

4- Quite the whole idea of going to OZ.

Appreciate your help.

Accounting bodies have similar criteria for positive skill assessment. So I don't think there is any use to try on other assessing bodies.

The suggested way is just take the one subject of accounting theory. The cpa website has the information on how to enrol.

Hi All

have received a negative skill assessment letter (not academicallysuitable for migration under ANZSCO 221111-Accountant General), the reason isthe epic missing Accounting theory.

Should I:

1- Seek re-assessment with other lenient assessing authority? Please suggestone.

2- Seek the help of an agent.

3- Take an online course for this Accounting theory. How andcost?

4- Quite the whole idea of going to OZ.

Appreciate your help.

On what basis did you apply? Which professional body have you passed your exams with & did you pass all exams, or use exemptions?

Under Accountant General, I have a Bachelor degree in commerce and I have passed alll exams.

The exact same thing happened to me, except I applied through ICAA. I have not yet finished my ACCA qualification but have an Accounting degree which was the basis for my application which was also rejected for not meeting Accounting Theory. It seemed ridiculous that they could credit me with the rest of the knowledge areas when surely Accounting Theory is the most basic cornerstone that underpins everything. I appealed by obtaining a letter from a lecturer at my University on headed paper explaining which modules I had studied that would have covered this. I was very lucky that he was still working there (8 years later) and willing to help me. I remembered he often fondly refered to having worked as an Auditor in Sydney for five years which perhaps made him more keen to go out of his way to help me. Maybe he took it a bit personally too that ICAA were suggesting his course did not cover some basic elements of accounting.

In the absence of having someone like this able to help, I would provide as much of your course handbooks, module guides etc as you can along with a letter stating where Accounting Theory was covered.

I'm convinced they only did it to make some easy money as it made no sense and if they had some other agenda (eg restricting the number of immigrant accountants) they could have just said 'no' again.

Archived