A delay but still ok....

thinker78

found out today we have to remain in oz longer than expected. felt strangely calm though and despite our recent hardships, feel like i can cope as we have a definite plan to leave. was expecting to back in uk for xmas but looks very unlikely and perhaps we have to stay till end of next year. not what i hoped for but this is what happens sometimes when you have a life somewhere i guess.....

horrible though when you are made to wait. looks like another non xmas for us haha!

gotta say, loving the dark evenings, got my pjs on at 5pm lol and got the tumble dryer going....sort of like England if i pretend :)

hubby bought me a bag of Revels too :)

We have also just decided to put our moving date back (just by four months in our case) and at first I felt a bit disappointed as I had been keen to get on with the move. But now I see it as a bit of extra breathing space, extra time to save up and we'll be moving back in British springtime rather than winter which is very appealing! It might all change if DH spots his dream job but for now, April 2015 it is.

Ditto. Decided in January to move back and I'd said I'd give it up to 18 months, then I got miserable and wanted to do it sooner, hoping to be home for Christmas. I then put my sensible hat on and we decided on April next year - more time to save and it will mean less likely to have no break lease issue. I wasn't that bothered either, it is true that onece you have a date it is easier, even if it's later than initially planned.

Archived