Best Company to send money with

Guest bailjam

Guest bailjam

hi, first time posting...

Soon going to be moving to Oz permanently with my Australian wife and having sold our UK house, we are keen to transfer the proceeds to Oz so that we can buy one there. Obviously there is the issue with the exchange rate at the moment which I can see has already been covered on an alternative post, but my question relates to the companies that people have used to transfer their cash to their Australian bank account.

There are a number of web companies offering currency fx transfers and trades and I wondered if anyone would recommoend anyone, especially those with the best rates

:smile:

Thanks in advance for your help....

james

Guest Paul~D

Hi James

There is some one i have used previously who is very good.

But the best way is to go to someone like www-dot-currencyfinder-dot-co-dot-uk, they are an online comparison site, they will check the different companies and return the one with the best rate for you.

I did the phoning around afterwards as well (just to make sure) and it was right.

hope this helps.

Guest Laura G

Hi

HIFX I found were good, you open an account it costs nothing, you get an account number and when you are ready to deal, give them a call they will offer a rate, you can negotiate. If you enter into a currency contract you send the money through to them and they forward it to your Aussie bank.

My first transaction was large when I left the UK, HIFX saved me the equivalent of $10,000.00 based on the rate that my bank offered me compared to the rate that HIFX offered me.

It pays to shop around and negotiate,

Laura

Guest bailjam

Thanks Laura...due to the current exchange rate, we probably wont transfer the cash for a while, but its good to have some recomendations....especially when you have managed to save so much....thanks again!

Guest Paul~D

Hi Bailjam

I would give you the details of my chap, but i dont want to look like im advertising. So if you want PM me and i'll pass on his details.

He's good because he is my personal broker and so he will pass on any information on the rates and where they might be heading.

I Found it really usefull. Plus they seem to have all the same services as HIFX that someone else mentioned.

Paul~D

Guest Pinhead
Hi

HIFX I found were good, you open an account it costs nothing, you get an account number and when you are ready to deal, give them a call they will offer a rate, you can negotiate. If you enter into a currency contract you send the money through to them and they forward it to your Aussie bank.

My first transaction was large when I left the UK, HIFX saved me the equivalent of $10,000.00 based on the rate that my bank offered me compared to the rate that HIFX offered me.

It pays to shop around and negotiate,

Laura

I would endorse this. I found Hifx to very good, I've used them 4 times without any problems. Typically you get 0.5% spread from Spot.

Guest Graham&kym

I would also endorse Hifx. Easy to use and (usually) the best rates. I have used them 3 times so far...

Guest Micky E

Hi

I used Currency Finder .com as well. I must say they put me in contact with a great broker who did exactly what he said and saved me a packet!!!! in comparison to the other companies.

I would stress the most important thing is to check a few companies out there, and this is by far the easiest way of doing it.

Archived