help please

lovesun

Can anyone help me pls regarding my professional reference letter.i work in a nursing home as registered nurse and nominated my ANZSCO code as registered nurse NEC in my initial skill assessment application with ANMAC.

Thanks blossom79 for ur reply.well, i need to know what information my manager should include in professional reference letter.I have given her the ANMAC template,but she is still not sure how to go with it.So,i was looking for someone to share the points and things they have included in their reference letter.

Thanks.

Thanks blossom79 for ur reply.well, i need to know what information my manager should include in professional reference letter.I have given her the ANMAC template,but she is still not sure how to go with it.So,i was looking for someone to share the points and things they have included in their reference letter.

Thanks.

Surely you have seen a reference letter before? Surely your manager has? You must have written self appraisals, a CV perhaps in the past? You just need to call on this experience and use some common sense. Nobody else's reference letter is relevant to you, because they are not you and will have different experience and competences.

My manager basically used headed noted paper she started my reference with To whom it may concern,

I confirm that ......................has been employed as a Registered nurse since ...... to present. she then discussed my career progression staff nurse to sister to deputy nursing manager (including years).

............ works full time hours 40 hours per week.

During this period of time ............has undertaken a range of tasks consisting of :-

planning, assessing implementing, evaluating care & care plans for residents who are living in & those who are coming into ............ (ANZSCO 254412 aged care).

My manager then spoke about me being involved in opening a new home & my role ie staff recruitment, staff training & policy planning & implementing etc. She discussed how many beds I managed and my involvement in ensuring high standards of care & maintaining high occupancy levels.

She then went onto

The main responsibilities are:(Job description etc bread & butter Nursing role, supervisions, appraisals etc)

On a separate page she did a declaration certifying my clinical skills (list) which she signed & dated.

On the final page she listed my CPD with dates (the year) & training.

I hope this is of some help & good luck with your ANMAC application.

:biggrin:

I would agree with paednurseclaire. Mine followed the template but wasn't as detailed as the above post as it only asked for brief description. On saying that...I am still awaiting my LOD so I don't know if it was acceptable but I am using an agent and they said it was spot on so hopefully there will be no issues. Good luck.

Archived