One way flights to Oz - migrant fares????

Hi

I stumbled across a comment in someones post a few days ago that mentioned something about migrant fares and extra baggage allowance.

Has anyone had any experience recently with airline companies offering reduced fares for a one way ticket on an unvalidated visa? And do you know if the reduced fare would be just for him or include all of us?

My partner will have his PR partner visa (100) issued around July/Aug time (hopefully) and it will be him, myself (Aussie) and two toddlers (both with Aussie passports) so any saving we can make on flights together with additional baggage we can take with us on the plane (to save the cost of shipping it) would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Cheers

Amanda

Only those with the visa will qualify for the migrant allowance. Only a few airlines do this now, main one being Singapore Airlines who will add on an extra 10kg to the 30kg allowance for your husband.

There is booking with IOM also but migrant only iirc. The fares are no cheaper, just the extra allowance with a couple more airlines.

Personally, I'd say look to flying with Sjngapore airlines or Emirates as both have 30kg per person as standard these days. Cost wise we find Singapore airlines cheaper and prefer to fly with them via Singapore. Worked out £400 less with them than with Emirates when we flew one way last October.

Hi

I stumbled across a comment in someones post a few days ago that mentioned something about migrant fares and extra baggage allowance.

Has anyone had any experience recently with airline companies offering reduced fares for a one way ticket on an unvalidated visa? And do you know if the reduced fare would be just for him or include all of us?

My partner will have his PR partner visa (100) issued around July/Aug time (hopefully) and it will be him, myself (Aussie) and two toddlers (both with Aussie passports) so any saving we can make on flights together with additional baggage we can take with us on the plane (to save the cost of shipping it) would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Cheers

Amanda

To be honest, I wouldn't focus too much on it, just look at the overall flight costs, sometimes extra baggage costs are negligible anyway, yet people can become a little obsessed with getting "extra allowance" and forget to look at the flight cost anyway! Never really heard of reduced fares for migrants.

Archived