Jindalee state school for international kids

claireFR

Hi,

We are a french familly moving to Brisbane. We are wondering if you heard something about the Jindalee State School International program (from EQI). Our 3 kids will not speak English (only few words) so we are wondering if this program is well constructed and if the help to the kids is important.

The cost of this section is very elevated (11000 dollars per kids per year), so it is important to be sure that the management of the kids will be good.

In addition, if you have comments on the classical program Jindalee State School : school friendly, open minded, familly friendly suburb...

Thank you for your comments,

CLAIRE

Hi,

We are a french familly moving to Brisbane. We are wondering if you heard something about the Jindalee State School International program (from EQI). Our 3 kids will not speak English (only few words) so we are wondering if this program is well constructed and if the help to the kids is important.

The cost of this section is very elevated (11000 dollars per kids per year), so it is important to be sure that the management of the kids will be good.

In addition, if you have comments on the classical program Jindalee State School : school friendly, open minded, familly friendly suburb...

Thank you for your comments,

CLAIRE

Hi Claire

My friends son went to this school. He is an English speaking student coming from Ireland which has a very different curriculum to what is taught here and likely to what your children are used to.

Obviously, I cannot comment on what their International Programme is like but I can tell you that my friend was very happy having her son schooled there. It is has a nice student community and if it was necessary to see assistance from teachers in respect of her sons learning, they were very accommodating. It is in a beautiful setting and I know lots of children who attended this school and it is thought to be one of the better junior schools within this catchment area. I think maybe the only other school that does have a better reputation is the Lutheran school in Middle Park but I believe you may have to be part of that denomination to attend, but i cannot be sure.

Around this area, I live only a few km from Jindalee, there are a lot of international students that are brought into the area and integrated into the schools. I am lucky, my son went straight into a great secondary school.

There are numerous junior schools around this area both state and private.

Are you here yet, if so, go and look and take in a lesson or two for yourself with other foreign students before committing.

Thanks and take care

Thanks for this answer !!

More advices ?

Claire

Hi Claire

My friends son went to this school. He is an English speaking student coming from Ireland which has a very different curriculum to what is taught here and likely to what your children are used to.

Obviously, I cannot comment on what their International Programme is like but I can tell you that my friend was very happy having her son schooled there. It is has a nice student community and if it was necessary to see assistance from teachers in respect of her sons learning, they were very accommodating. It is in a beautiful setting and I know lots of children who attended this school and it is thought to be one of the better junior schools within this catchment area. I think maybe the only other school that does have a better reputation is the Lutheran school in Middle Park but I believe you may have to be part of that denomination to attend, but i cannot be sure.

Around this area, I live only a few km from Jindalee, there are a lot of international students that are brought into the area and integrated into the schools. I am lucky, my son went straight into a great secondary school.

There are numerous junior schools around this area both state and private.

Are you here yet, if so, go and look and take in a lesson or two for yourself with other foreign students before committing.

Thanks and take care

I haven't heard of state schools charging such extortionate fees. Shocking. We have many friends who live in Jindalee and they choose to send their children to a Catholic school in Indooroopilly. We have had numerous French and Italian families coming in and the children speak no English and are completely fluent within a year and the fees are less than 1/2 of what you were quoted.

From EQI website the following schools support the international program (https://www.eqi.com.au/pdfs/primary-eng.pdf):

Burpengary State School Jindalee State School

Kelvin Grove State College

Mitchelton State School

North Lakes State College

Sunnybank State School

Whites Hill State College

And it is clearly written that this program is 11000 dollars per year and per student. So, I was wondering if it was much more interesting than classical state school.

Could you tell me more about the catholic school in Indooropilly or another school in the South west suburbs which are friendly for non native speaker.

Thanks !

Claire

• 1 year later...

Hi Claire,

We are a French family going to Brisbane this year and we would like to apply for a 6-month program with EQI for our son.

Were you satisfied with your experience? Which school did you find in the end? Are your children fluent in English now?

I don't know what schools to check on the form and as we are in France now, it is difficult to have an opinion on each school.

Is Jindalee within a reasonable distance from West End (we'll be living there at the beginning of our stay)?

Many thanks in advance!

Lili

Merci de me donner votre adresse mail, on pourra plus échanger.

Cordialement,

Claire

Hi Claire

This is just a little reminder that we are an English speaking forum and ask you post in English on the forum boards.

Thank you

Cal x

Archived