Care worker

crags

Hi I'm looking for some advise my fiancé is a care worker, and was wondering if she could get us into oz on a skilled visa she has obtained her nvq 2 and 3 is there any other qualifications she will need, she is looking to work within a care home. Myself I'm a upholsterer and am working at the moment as a service technician doing furniture repairs does anyone know if there is any call for this trade in oz.

any my advise would be great

Thanks new comers

Hey Crags, how are you doing?

Essentially, your or your wife's occupations need to be on the SOL Or CSOL lists as published by the Australian immigration department. You can check them here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/consolidated-sponsored-occupation-list.htm

If your jobs aren't listed, then there is possibly sponsorship, however as far as I am aware, this can be very difficult to gain, there are all sorts of rules and regulations.

I'm sure someone else who is more versed in the different visa options will be along in no time to give you a more detailed answer, but anyway, I wanted to wish you good luck, whatever you find.

Anna.

Hi I'm looking for some advise my fiancé is a care worker, and was wondering if she could get us into oz on a skilled visa she has obtained her nvq 2 and 3 is there any other qualifications she will need, she is looking to work within a care home. Myself I'm a upholsterer and am working at the moment as a service technician doing furniture repairs does anyone know if there is any call for this trade in oz.

any my advise would be great

Thanks new comers

Focus on the visa then jobs, we have furniture in Australia so I can see no reason why there would not be furniture related trade requirements.

First couple of steps you can do for both of you is to see if your jobs are on the occupation lists, either the SOL or CSOL, there are two of them to check.

As others have said, visa is the key. Check out both of the lists and see what occupations feel like yours Next to them is a code. If you google that code it will tell you what you need to be classed as qualified in that occupation.

The other way may be to consult a registered migration agent such as Go Matilda. They will do a initial assessment of your eligibility for free.

Hey Crags, how are you doing?

Essentially, your or your wife's occupations need to be on the SOL Or CSOL lists as published by the Australian immigration department. You can check them here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/consolidated-sponsored-occupation-list.htm

If your jobs aren't listed, then there is possibly sponsorship, however as far as I am aware, this can be very difficult to gain, there are all sorts of rules and regulations.

I'm sure someone else who is more versed in the different visa options will be along in no time to give you a more detailed answer, but anyway, I wanted to wish you good luck, whatever you find.

Anna.

You still need an occupation on one of the lists to be eligible for sponsorship

Archived