Sponsorship but no degree

TomasMykal

Update

Well Ive spoken to my boss who is really pushing for things now but internally there seems to be loads of red tape.

What she has asked me about is visa extensions. If they were to offer me a 12 month contract would it be possible for me to extend my WHV? (If I was eligable etc)

I kind of already know the answer but I just want to be sure on every avenue

No. The 457 visa is what you'd need, but you still have all the issues as above with that one.

Update

Well Ive spoken to my boss who is really pushing for things now but internally there seems to be loads of red tape.

What she has asked me about is visa extensions. If they were to offer me a 12 month contract would it be possible for me to extend my WHV? (If I was eligable etc)

I kind of already know the answer but I just want to be sure on every avenue

You can only work six months in one place on a WHV anyway.

What did your migration agent suggest?

No. The 457 visa is what you'd need, but you still have all the issues as above with that one.

Thanks

One thing I did forget to ask and I have heard this before, is can employers employ you for more than the whv 6 months max? Im sure Ive heard they can but not by much.

For instance my contract finished in August yet my WHV doesn't finish until October

Thanks

One thing I did forget to ask and I have heard this before, is can employers employ you for more than the whv 6 months max? Im sure Ive heard they can but not by much.

For instance my contract finished in August yet my WHV doesn't finish until October

No. The only time that can happen is if you have a second working holiday visa (through doing your three months regional work). Then when your new whv starts you can do another six months.

Thanks

Technically true you can request an exemption under extraordinary circumstances you might get a few days or a week but not a few months.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Documents/request-whm-extension.pdf

simply wanting to continue working at an employer is not an extraordinary circumstance, if your contract finished in August then no reason to extend your 6 work condition anyway. You would be safer getting a new job for 3 months.

Archived