Documents, Police checks, Medicals.....!!!??

clairehoward

Hi everyone,

After many many years of trying (!) I have been invited to apply for the VISA!!! We couldn't be happier, but as we are doing it by ourselves without an agent I want to make sure we are doing it right!

I cant seem to find out what I need to know on the immi/skillselect website, but now I have 60 days in which to apply what do I do first - arrange police checks, arrange medicals or apply for the VISA? From what I can gather I need to apply before I get a number to use before arranging medicals - is this right? And does the same go for police checks or can I arrange that now? If its the case that I need to apply first, and only then arrange medicals &/or police checks, then does all of this have to be done within the 60 days, or is it just the initial application?!

Next - am I supposed to upload coloured scanned images of my original documents, or of certified copies? And do I need copies of my GCSE/A-Levels or just my degrees?

Sorry to sound so clueless, I just really really cant mess this up!!!

Thanks!!!

Hi Claire,

Congratulations. The 60 days in just to lodge your visa. Once you get your CO assigned they will ask you to do medicals and police checks. I'm not sure about the documents, depends on

what visa you've applied for. I had an agent do mine so not quite sure what needs to be loaded. I'm just waiting for my visa to be granted now.

Massive congratulations to you too! I hope it all goes smoothly for you! So have you had your medicals & everything passed & are now just waiting for a green light? That must be a huge relief - I hope to be there soon!

Thank you so much for replying!! I was worried that I had to get it applied for, and then arrange the medicals & police check all in the 60 days! The costs are mounting up now, so I dont want to have to apply for new copies of GCSE & A-Levels if they are only going to ask me to confirm the highest qualification! And I dont want to pay for documents to be certified if I can just scan in the originals!

You can do police checks and medicals before you apply...for medicals you need a hap id and can get this by going through 'my health declerations' and emedical client...or you can wait till you are asked for these...only colour scanned originals are needed, I only scanned my degree cert as you dont get points for lower qualifications so no need to prove them. Good luck. Once I applied I got my visa in 4 weeks but I front loaded all documents.

They will accept colour scans, from memory they need to be verified though. If you have verified docs from your skills assessment you can scan these in. You will get a list of required documents for each member on the application once your CO is assigned. You can get your police checks done in advance but you need to wait for your CO to be assigned to get the link to organise your meds. The only downside to getting the checks and meds done too early is that if your visa application is successful then you only have 12 months from the earliest date on either PCC or meds to make your first entry into Oz.

Thanks for everyone's help! I guess I will get the police checks sent off, and then apply & wait to be asked to go for the medicals (any extra time to shed a few lbs I will take!) I really do appreciate the advice- its all pretty nerve racking! I hope to be in Perth in time for my kids to start school next Feb! Fingers crossed.....!

Dear Claire,

I got this information from one of the blogspots. This is written by somebody who has gone through the process. Pasting it here for your benefit

P.S: I do not take any credit / responsibility for whatever is mentioned. This is just to give you a general guide about the complete process

eVisa Information - Applying Australian Visa online

This is the stage when you have received EOI invite; so now you have option of 'Apply Visa' on your Skill-Select EOI page. First of all - congratulation smile.gif! You seem to be on top of World - good, but come down to mother earth now, as we still have to do some running to achieve the final Goal.

Before you click on 'Apply Visa' button - here's some information on what's waiting for you at the other side of clicking the button to apply visa.

1. In the process you will get your TRN (ID for visa process) generated and you will be asked to set a password.

2. You will go through many screens of filling up your information, similar to what you did in EOI but this would be on large scale; including information on dependents too. When above two things are done, as a last step - you would be required to pay the fees which currently stands at AUD 3520 (for single applicant). This can be paid by either Debit, travel or Credit card which is either of Visa, MC, etc. Also, this can be non-Australian card but should have capability to do international transactions and of course it should have that much limit; so better inquire from your bank if you are not sure about the same.

3. There will be acknowledgement mail generated and sent to you with subject like: <File#> - <TRN#> - <Name> - IMMI Acknowledgement of Valid Application Received. This may be received between 0 to 10 days after paying fees. But, this timing is not known to have any effect on processing. Some people have even reported not have even received this acknowledgement mail, but got their PR normally. This mail would have 2 attachments - Acknowledgement and Application Summary.

4. You would now need to create an immiaccount to import your visa application through this link your generated TRN and the password you set.

If the link given above does not work or you don't see the attached documents or some other weird stuff happens in eVisa site - just don't worry! There are tech glitches on this and it will come back to normal after some minutes/hours.

5. On the opened eVisa page, you are now required to upload all the documents to support your Visa application; this would include documents to prove you are eligible to apply, documents to support points you declared in EOI, PCC (police clearance certificate), form 80, form 1221, etc. (Description of the same given below)

6. You have to apply within 60 days of receiving invite. Then - after that you can upload docs you are required to. You will be allocated CO within 5 or so weeks (less time nowadays) then he will ask for missing docs and give you 28 days to provide the same. So you have 60 + 5 weeks + 28 days to provide pcc and meds from the invite date; and 5w + 28 days to provide all documents from Date of Visa Lodgement. Also even if in given days you are not able to provide PCC or any other docs for that matter - you can ask for extension by providing proof that you have applied for that particular doc and its taking time. They provide the extension - no issues in that.

7. You can upload documents to eVisa page of immiaccount either of Original Color Scans or Certified Photocopy Of Originals (but certification stamp should also be color scanned). Certified in India means 'Notarized'; or else where signed and stamped by any person authorized to certify a photocopy as legit. Formats that can be used are: .DOC, .DOCX, .DOT, .XLS, .PPT, .RTF, .TXT, .GIF, .JPG , .BMP, .PDF. Most preferred format is PDF; use that. Size limit per file is 5mb; count limit is 60 files, accordingly fine tune your documents.

8. To keep file size under check is to use 96 dpi for images. Combine related pages in single PDF file using PDF editor software like PDFill to merge PDF pages or websites such as Pdf merger or so. Like combine passport front and back in single PDF file.

For additional information and details you can check this DIAC page

9. Last yet very important, make sure you upload correct document with correct description - there's no option to edit, delete or even see uploaded document. Once uploaded, you can just see the name of document. Prior to uploading documents, create a folder in your local PC/laptop named "Australian visa application" on desktop ideally. Then, inside that you may create several sub-folders such as "PCC, Education, Experience, Skills assessment, IELTS etc". In this way, you can ensure you attach correct documents under respective sections.

• 1 month later...

Archived