IELTS 'Road to IELTS ' ONLINE PRACTICE

jodipodi

Hi, just wondered if anyone had used the British council 'Road to IELTS ' online practice course/assessment materials? I know you get lots of free practice materials anyway but this one is a paid for service.

Wondered whether it would be worth it..?

I used this and found it to be helpful, although I did print off all the test papers as it's not the same when trying to do the answers on-screen. I used it for the 30 days before my test and tried to do at least half an hour a day. I also paid for an hours Skype session with an IELTS examiner, who gave some really useful advice about how NOT to screw up, lol. I sat my IELTS last Saturday and am waiting for the results (fingers x-d for Friday).

I used this and found it to be helpful, although I did print off all the test papers as it's not the same when trying to do the answers on-screen. I used it for the 30 days before my test and tried to do at least half an hour a day. I also paid for an hours Skype session with an IELTS examiner, who gave some really useful advice about how NOT to screw up, lol. I sat my IELTS last Saturday and am waiting for the results (fingers x-d for Friday).

Thanks for that, i can't seem to find a GBP price though..only dollars? Can you tell me how much it was please?

That's what I'm thinking... It will be hubby doing it not me...but I said if he does it in regular short sessions it will stop him getting sick of the practice and hopefully sink in better.

Did it give you a score estimate each time?

Good luck, hope you get the score you need x

Hi Jodi

It must work as I got my scores this morning and had:

Writing 9

Listening 9

Speaking 9

Reading 8

Overall 9

Think the advice from a qualified examiner really helped too.

Jeezuz wept that's bloody great!!!! Bet you're over the moon!!!! Can you PM me the tutors details just incase we want them please? Xxx CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

• 11 months later...
Hi Jodi

It must work as I got my scores this morning and had:

Writing 9

Listening 9

Speaking 9

Reading 8

Overall 9

Think the advice from a qualified examiner really helped too.

So that's an 8 then. Good score well done and 20 points in the bank. Paying for material is not required unless you are not confident in your English speaking writing or grammar. Me personally, useless at English, yes I can string a good report together etc and I passed with over 8's which in the end was not required.

In truth there is no easy answer but just practice until you are happy you are answering the questions as the examiners want.

s

Here you go:

I've zipped up a bunch of Cambridge IELTS books in PDF format. It has all the practise tests you'll need.

I forgot to add the README file to the zipped document, so just download that seperately.

PDFs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzvcjp0zd0y5znw/IELTS%20CAMBRIDGE%20PDFs.zip?dl=0

Help File:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68k4ixv2lxg40mn/README.txt?dl=0

Help file only tells you to find the corresponding listening tests on youtube (it all will become clear when downloaded / unzipped)

Archived