Viewings.........Always on a week day!!!!!

Steph01

Hi everyone, brace yourself for the moan off! Lol ! :arghh:

Finally got a job and now looking for a place to live either in Manly or Cronulla. However, most viewings for places are always on a week day! What a pain in the butt if you are working, which I presume they want you to be so you can pay the rent! I've missed out on so many places because I just can't get there on a week day. How is everyone else managing it?

Tried calling them to make alternative arrangements but they are not interested, especially in Manly they already have more than enough people fighting over apartments there!

Rant over, thanks for listening.

Steph

No, I've not been missing the Saturdays they've just been deciding to hold a lot of them on a Wednesday. The agents told me that they are getting more than enough people on a Wednesday that they don't need to do a Saturday, especially when that's a day they are not normally open. I've also tried getting private viewings but no joy. I'm sure I'll get lucky somewhere along the way!

No, I've not been missing the Saturdays they've just been deciding to hold a lot of them on a Wednesday. The agents told me that they are getting more than enough people on a Wednesday that they don't need to do a Saturday, especially when that's a day they are not normally open. I've also tried getting private viewings but no joy. I'm sure I'll get lucky somewhere along the way!

Oh really, I hadn't heard that about Saturday viewings, it is a while since I looked. I would therefore take a day off and get a few lined up at once.

I would therefore take a day off and get a few lined up at once.

Sage advice, but it's not going to be easy when the areas he's interested in are quite far apart. Probably wise to get some kind of pack together with bank references and so on. If they've got as many application as they say then you could miss out due to posting latency. I wouldn't want to take 1 day off for the viewing then another day off to bring the app form to the REA in person.

Archived