457 to 186 Visa, work experience

Shona7

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help? I'm currently in Australia on a sponsored 457 visa. My employer has kindly offered to sponsor me for my PR on the visa 186 under Employer Nomination Scheme. I am a nurse and midwife. I have 12 months nursing experience from the UK and 28 months of midwifery. I need to do my ANMAC for skills assessment for the above visa which is NOT a points based visa. As I am not looking to gain extra points, as I read it, I don't require professional references and I wouldn't have one anyway as they require at least 36 months international experience and I only have 28 or 12 months Australian, of which I only have 3. I am applying to ANMAC under Midwife 254111 where I have the majority of experience. I was just wondering when I come to apply for my visa, it asks for 3 years experience. Can I include my Australian experience in this and can I also claim my nursing as it's a similar occupation to get my 3 years?

Hope this makes sense and TIA

Sho

• 3 weeks later...

You need a professional reference from your current place of work supporting your application. I remember putting one in from my manager... I was the direct entry stream ens 186

I am pretty certain you cannot use your nursing experience as it is not a nursing job your are being sponsored for- it's midwife code 254111 under anmac, supporting documentation must be related to this profession. Nursing has it's own code.

Just to clarify sorry, if it's the transitional stream 457-186 you need 2 years experience with your current employer.

The direct entry stream you need 3 years in the profession you are being sponsored for so as a midwife- uk and or in oz.

I did the direct entry stream last year and used references from my NHs job in uk as well as current job in aus on 457- I didn't quite have 2 years as a midwife in oz and was impatient to get pr lol.

Just to clarify sorry, if it's the transitional stream 457-186 you need 2 years experience with your current employer.

The direct entry stream you need 3 years in the profession you are being sponsored for so as a midwife- uk and or in oz.

I did the direct entry stream last year and used references from my NHs job in uk as well as current job in aus on 457- I didn't quite have 2 years as a midwife in oz and was impatient to get pr lol.

Any problem with working visa best advice to come across the website http://www.myaccessaustralia.com.good service ever with best fees

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm currently applying for a 189 visa as a midwife.

I'm working on my bits for ANMAC - just wondered if anyone could give me pointers on the content of the professional reference? I feel like there is loads that could be put into it, and although I have the reference example off the website I'm not exactly sure if they want specific skills and midwifery tasks (ie what we do on a daily basis... care of labouring women, cannulation, risk assessment, fetal monitoring, suturing etc etc.)

I'm also a bit confused about refering to the ANZSCO code, I have the code number, but can't find anything detailing what skills i need to demonstrate to meet it?

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

Emma

Archived