Can I travel on 309 visa ? worried.....

Yak

Hi Everyone,

I am awaiting the (hopeful) granting on either a 309 or 100 visa in next few weeks and have flights booked to OZ for June.

We saw some great flights to malaysia and so decided to book a holiday for later (august ) after we emmigrate - planning on 7weeks in southeast asia...anyway now am FREAKING out as didn't check if there are any travel restrictions on the 309/100. Fairly certain I'm ok to travel outside australia if I get the 100, but now worried that if I get the 309 I've just wasted money on flights I can't use.

Help !

Hi Yak!

from Immi website, re 309/100 (otherwise you wouldn't be able to leave Australia until your 100 was granted!):

You remain on your current temporary partner visa until a decision is made on your application for a permanent residence visa. There are no travel or work restrictions associated with your current visa.

Not long now I hope... :)

Hi Yak!

from Immi website, re 309/100 (otherwise you wouldn't be able to leave Australia until your 100 was granted!):

You remain on your current temporary partner visa until a decision is made on your application for a permanent residence visa. There are no travel or work restrictions associated with your current visa.

Not long now I hope... :)

Hi Vicky

Oh, thanks for that. Just had a wee panic !!

Great to see your name as I know we began our applications around the same time. I've been trying not to fixate and check this website too often, but now its getting close (fingers crossed) I'm getting obsessive again !!

How's your wait been going ?

I was quite relaxed about it until about a month ago, and now my obsessive checking / working out when the visa might be approved, etc, has kicked in! Hence my quick response to you :)

I am looking forward to hearing from my CO - not because I have flights booked or a deadline to leave the UK, but I just want the reassurance and then to start making plans that are not just "if I get my visa, "when I get my visa" ... I am not sure when we plan to move but I doubt we will be here by the time the UK autumn kicks in again (and definitely before winter!).

How about you?

Yes, I can totally empathise with the obsessional behaviour that this process encourages...I am guilty too !!

We are well and truly committed to emmigrating ( although my partner keeps telling me off and saying that its just ME who is emmigrating, as she is just going home !! ) and have in the last few months sold our flat, handed in notices to jobs and booked flights. All is so totally exciting and fantastic, until I remember that I dont actually have any visa yet - Eek !

Anyway, life certainly isn't dull, which it has felt like it was for a while in the UK. Change is a-coming....hope it will be good.

are you planning to go as soon as the visa is approved? Must be scary to have sold your home! Maybe less scary to be leaving work ;)

I am currently organising the work summer "team building" event and I keep wondering if I will still be here to attend it. I think I will, but it's little things like that which make me think...

I am doing the same with other people :) I am waiting for August applicants to start telling us their visas have been granted - preferably using the threads I have subscribed to ;) Yak, take note!

I have to just say @vickyplum that I am using you as a guideline for my husband's visa grant as you applied a couple of weeks before us! I'm pretty sure that once you are granted we won't be far off :biggrin:

Hi Everyone,

I am awaiting the (hopeful) granting on either a 309 or 100 visa in next few weeks and have flights booked to OZ for June.

We saw some great flights to malaysia and so decided to book a holiday for later (august ) after we emmigrate - planning on 7weeks in southeast asia...anyway now am FREAKING out as didn't check if there are any travel restrictions on the 309/100. Fairly certain I'm ok to travel outside australia if I get the 100, but now worried that if I get the 309 I've just wasted money on flights I can't use.

Help !

Of course you can travel! You are not a prisoner of Australia..:wink:

Archived