Best Way to Fly One-way to Melbourne??

Herbster

G'Day All:

We're just getting ready to book our Flights to Hobart for May '08, most likely via Melbourne. Last month we flew via Emirates, which was quite interesting! We are definitely NOT flying on a Boeing777 AGAIN - OK, for short hops but NOT long haul... :swoon:

Also do not wish to fly via LONDON hub!

So seeking any experiences of Regional Airports...

I have found Birmingham to Dubai, then Dubai to Melbourne on Airbuses' 330/340's and with NO other stops, just over £500 each on Emirates - (Stocking up my Airmiles!)

Any Members have any other recent (08) Experiences they'd like to share... suggestions, advice??? And is there any way we can we get a bigger baggage allowance from Melbourne to Hobart??? Also how can we claim our extra migration baggage allowance?? :jiggy: Any other advice/useful things we need to know about...

Thanks, Herbster XX :jiggy:

We flew back on an airbus in Feb and it was all new and shiney and not a lot of leg room at all! horrendous :arghh: Emerates Melbourne to Dubai, and we had an interesting flight out too:unsure:

have you checked out the web site seatguru? it gives you all the gen on each type of plane

BUT it is difficult to plan for a particular plane I have found, you don't know until quite close to the flight what plane it would be and then they can change it at the last min

let me know if you find a way, we will be booking flights soon (I hope)

Karen:wubclub:

Guest Coffee

Avoiding London makes it a bit tougher.

Singapore Airlines does Manchester - SIN - Melbourne and that should all be on 747s.

Lufthansa does MAN - FRA - SIN - MEL also on 747 (I think they use Thai Air for the FRA - SIN leg).

Lufthansa also does Birmingham - FRA - SIN - MEL.

They should all be in the same price bracket (around £500 per person).

There is also Air France via Paris/SIN but they usually are considerably more expensive.

I wouldn't be too worried about the 777s. That is only Emirates being cheeky - they use a 3-4-3 configuration (others use 3-3-3 or 2-5-2) which means their seats are narrower as they fit 10 seats in a row and not 9. In general, the 777 is not too bad.

Archived