Transfer in same uk company to Oz

nscott88

Hi all

with my current employer there are always chances to go elsewhere to work. I have been looking at asking for transfer/relocation to the Sydney branch. If a job was available then how would this work? ie, what visa would I need to apply for? How long roughly would it take for it to be granted? How long would I need to stay with the employer?

I orignally wanted to do whv but if a job is available then it seems more sensible to do that!

The first thing is to see if your occupation is on one of the lists - SOL and CSOL. It has to be on one of them to be eligible.

The most likely visa they would apply for is a 457. This is a temporary long stay visa that allows a person to live and work for up to 4 years. It is normally quick but it depends on the business and if they are already approved as a sponsor and your background.

The first thing is to see if your occupation is on one of the lists - SOL and CSOL. It has to be on one of them to be eligible.

The most likely visa they would apply for is a 457. This is a temporary long stay visa that allows a person to live and work for up to 4 years. It is normally quick but it depends on the business and if they are already approved as a sponsor and your background.

Yes my occupation is on both lists, management accountant.

Would i I have to do skills tests? What is involved? Although I'm employed as a management accountant I do not have the qualification. Does this matter? I've been working as a management accountant for 1 year and previously worked as financial accountant for 3 years. Previously worked as accounts assistant then worked my way up.

How do u check if the company is an approved sponser? What would happen if they weren't?

Would i I have to do skills tests? What is involved? Although I'm employed as a management accountant I do not have the qualification. Does this matter? I've been working as a management accountant for 1 year and previously worked as financial accountant for 3 years. Previously worked as accounts assistant then worked my way up.

How do u check if the company is an approved sponser? What would happen if they weren't?

If you go for a subclass 457 visa strategy and nominate the occupation management accountant you can reasonably expect the DIBP case officer to require you to have the skill level shown at this weblink:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~First+Edition,+Revision+1~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+2211+Accountants

Qualifications and/or membership of a professional accounting body certainly help smooth the pathway to a visa.

The intended employer in Australia would be able to tell you whether they are approved as a business sponsor under the 457 program.

If they aren't approved they need to meet the requirements to become a business sponsor, and to lodge an application. The main risk issue for such employers is to meet one of the training benchmarks.

Best regards.

Skills tests are not usual for 457 visas, which is just as well as you are probably not going to pass it. Do you have a degree and if so is it in accounting? I am wondering if criteria are relaxed a bit when it is a company transfer, otherwise I would think you would have a tough time getting a visa.

You can ask your company if they are an approved sponsor...

I'm registered with a professional accounting body...just not under took any exams as get! I have 7 experience in the finance sector and worked my way up. Would that not count for anything?

My company are registered sponsors I'm sure. They have relocated someone within HR a few years ago.

I do intend on asking my company within the next few weeks, I just wanted to have all the facts myself before questioning them about it. I want to be in Oz by end of year..we'll see how it pans out! And if a position is actually available for me! Thank u x

I'm registered with a professional accounting body...just not under took any exams as get! I have 7 experience in the finance sector and worked my way up. Would that not count for anything?

My company are registered sponsors I'm sure. They have relocated someone within HR a few years ago.

I do intend on asking my company within the next few weeks, I just wanted to have all the facts myself before questioning them about it. I want to be in Oz by end of year..we'll see how it pans out! And if a position is actually available for me! Thank u x

Who knows? There is no harm in trying, but even job sponsorship requires you to be in an occupation on the CSOL and if you nominate accountant when you are clearly not an accountant, well it could go either way.. good luck with it.

Archived