(Finally!) heard from DIAC after 4 months....not good !!

Guest shariliz

Guest shariliz

:arghh:Yup, my 'non-pestering' tactic finally 'paid off'............not!!

Got an email today saying that

a) the 47ES form was not signed (it was, I have a copy!) and old (has been changed since our forms were lodged!) so need to submit a whole new one........

b) there were no photos submitted (they were there!)......

c) we need another lot of medicals, police checks and certified original forms/certficates/qualifications......

d) we need a Form 80...........

(basically, the whole darn process is needed all over again!)

Now, that's all fair enough but.............

.........................................................considering I took the forms in by hand (in Nov 07!!!!!!!) and had the chap check them all (including photos!) in front of me (and with a learner watching him) proceeded to assure me that:

a) it was all correct and all the forms, info and photos were right;

b) we wouldn't need medicals (as we'd not left SA since arriving here in '05) and

c) it would take 6, 8 weeks at the most, to process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad:

I am so freaking angry, I can't speak (unusual for me!).

It's not the process we now face that bothers me, that's fine, I know what to do this time round...........it's the mis-information, the further delays (i.e 'getting on with our lives'- mortgage etc), the needless repetition as well as the fact- and I work for the government!!!- they have not given the correct information and I have (naively!!!?) believed these wassocks.

BTW, this is my opinion/annoyance/experience......and I'm just sounding off.

I'd prefer not to receive critical, unhelpful remarks/replies. Constructive, yes; destructive, nope.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Shariliz

I know exactly how you feel and I sympathise.

When I did my mother's Contributory Parent visa application a couple ofyears ago, none of the post-lodgement details went wrong because I didn't give them a chance to.

However, before we got to that point, the DIAC website contained two separate sections saying two different things about how my mother's stepchild should/would be treated in order to work out whether Mum was eligible for the visa or not.

I tried ringing their helpline twice. I was given conflicting advice on both occasions. My sister went to see them in Perth. Same thing happened there. Eventually I e-mailed the Parents processing centre, spelling out the way in which their website was contradicting itself and demanding to know which way was "up." One of the interpretations would mean a visa for my mother. The other would mean visa refusal for sure. I was just NOT prepared to risk nearly £1,000 on a bunch of officials doing nothing more than guessing vaguely about which way might be "up."

I got an e-mail confirming that the interpretation favouring Mum was the right one to use. Even then, though, he said to include a copy of his e-mail with the bundle of papers supporting the visa application, "....so that the case worker will be aware of the circumstances of this case." In other words, "...so that my colleague will not slip on a banana skin by interpreting these facts - and the relevant legislation - wrongly."

The Beverley Hillbillies stike me as being better organised than DIAC sometimes!

Hugz

Gill

Guest shariliz

Aaaaaaaaaw, thanks Gill.

My other worries as well: if I write/email and ask about the contradictions between Nov and now, will it sabotage our application?

If I say/do nothing, does that make it OK for them to continue on the way they are?

I'm really so annoyed.:arghh:

More so, I think, because I'm a nurse (whose also just gone through a ridiculously stressful re-class process!!!!!) thus, ultimately, I work for the same government ! I am responsible for all I say and do with clients; to research, evidence and justify my practice and be held accountable for the errors I could/may make...........

I am so effing angry I want to bang heads against walls!!!:realmad:

Oh, and it's mine & DH's 10th anniversary today.............:wideeyed:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi again Sariliz

Happy anniversary, I guess, though you are probably not in a celebratory mood at this minite... Make it a belated anniversary and visa-grant celebration combined, maybe?

I would suggest a very detailed Statutory Declaration, explaining exactly what happened.

Here is the template:

Statutory declarations

Use the Word version on the right of the screen.

I would send that in with an ultra polite but ultra steely letter covering addressed to the Head of the relevant processing section. They are not allowed to "punish" you in any way. That woud be both unprofessional and a breach of their Client Service Charter.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest shariliz

Thanks for that Gill.............sorry, I didn't see this reply until tonight.........bloomin' kids have hogged the PC and my internet connection keeps dropping out!!!

Aaaaaaaaagh...............if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I posted this update on another forum, so apologies for anyone who happens to end up reading this again!!!)

(Sorry to continue mumbling on about this....)

To add insult to injury today, the person who gets 'dumped on' in these matters (mind you, her attitude is atrocious!!) at our 'HQ' rings, leaves a msg, I ring her back, she says, " I really can't see why you have to do all this again because I've got a confirmation email here that says it's all approved...........you have your PR!!!"

I then hightail it over there (all the while in the back of my mind, a voice is saying, "It's the nomination that's approved, not the PR"!!!). Gets there, she's adamant we have PR and I get out the letter and tell, well 'mouth', to her (as she's now on the phone having received a call!!), "It's the nomination approval, not PR".

If these folk are supposed to be dealing with this all the time- and, yes, I'm aware that they're not agents etc!!- how the hell is anyone else!!!? The annoying thing was that she thought she was right and we had PR!!!

If only it was that easy..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In this situation I would have escalated the matter to the manager of the relevant section very quickly ... some additional training of the assessing officer is clearly needed.

As to requiring a current version of the visa application form - that is nonsense. Has the officer lost your visa application documents?

Best regards.

Guest shariliz

Well, photos were there for sure when the chap "checked" the docs!! Pretty much as I put in the earlier post really, that I was actually (?naively!!?) quite heartened by the whole thing!!! He was even confident (?knowledgeable enough?) to have a 'learner' with him!!

If I was in his position, I'd be having sleepless nights about this!!

Believe me, I have Gill's suggested Stat Dec in line, threats to contact the PM and all sorts.........I am soooooo annoyed by this.

And not just because it's me, it's because there does not seem to be any consistency to any of it!! For lots of folk, not just us!!

I have heard all sorts of rumours about the alleged 'tactics' in these depts and, as I've said- and as, ultimately, a government employee myself!- I am offended that they are seemingly not beholden to the same protocols of transparency, accountability, responsibility etc.

My head would've rolled if I'd so much as remotely behaved in this way!:v_SPIN:

Archived