189: If I don't need the points for employment, do I still need skills assessment?

cuberoot

I'm in the fortunate position where I can get 65 points without claiming points for work experience.

30: Age

20: IELTS

15: Degree

My occupation is on the SOL, do I still need to submit and wait for a Skills Assessment before applying for EOI?

Points test and skills assessment

□ Applicants who are required to meet the points test must provide evidence to support their claims against each relevant criterion.

□ Evidence that the main applicant has, at the time of invitation, obtained a suitable skills assessment in their nominated occupation on the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

I'm in the fortunate position where I can get 65 points without claiming points for work experience.

30: Age

20: IELTS

15: Degree

My occupation is on the SOL, do I still need to submit and wait for a Skills Assessment before applying for EOI?

Well yes you need a skills assessment, otherwise anyone who can pass the points test (which would be a lot of people) could claim to be in an occupation on the SOL. You need to do the skills assessment before you lodge the EOI too.