medical and police checks - when to get them?

PeterJa

Hi, I've submitted my EOI for a 189 and I'm confident of getting an invite soon.

If I do, at what stage in the process do I get my medical and police checks please? I'm thinking it would be better to get them now so I'm not waiting later on?

Cheers,

Pete

I done them before I lodged to hopefully speed up process or at least get it all out the way at once then all I need to do is wait...alot of ppl prefer to wait till their asked. ..n its new that you can do medicals before applying for visa so alot of ppl not comfortable wth it..its up to you but health n police checks only valid for 12 months n you have 12 months to enter australia from date of checks

Hi, I've submitted my EOI for a 189 and I'm confident of getting an invite soon.

If I do, at what stage in the process do I get my medical and police checks please? I'm thinking it would be better to get them now so I'm not waiting later on?

Cheers,

Pete

No it is not better to get them done now, it is better to wait and that is why the immigration department advises to wait. If you wanted to do them early though that is up to you, but I am not sure how you would go about that before you have even lodged the visa.

It should all be on the Immigration website. We did this recently and have just done the medicals in advance of (hopefully) lodging the 186 visa in the next couple of weeks. The process was all the website - everything you needed to do to do the medicals before or after lodgement. We filled in a form and our agent then got the referral letters with the HAP IDs that we needed to book the medicals.

We also got the police checks done too. The visa we are applying for seems to have a 3-6 month processing time so hopefully won't expire.

It depends how quickly you want to go to Oz! My visa took a month from invite to grant... You have to enter Oz within 12 months of the older of your police check or medical! If you know when you want to go then it's an easy decision to make - but I waited for the CO to contact me and it hardly delayed my grant :)

Cheers

teacherben

Archived