Flights are booked! :)

beccaboo

Me and my boyfriend have just booked our flight to Cairns in September. I just wanted to share my excitement more than anything :) but also would love to hear from anyone who would like to share they're experiences of Cairns and the rest of the East Coast. We're hoping to have a month or 2 to explore and then we will try and look for work. So any tips on things to see and do and nice places to stay as a couple etc. Advice from other couples who have traveled together would be much appreciated too :)

Thank you in advance

Rebecca

What about West coast? :cry:

anyway...

I went to Cairns last year in Sep as well with my partner.

We stayed in Cairns city and hired a car for day trips.

Cape Tribulation was looks great but can't be a day trip, it was quite far and Daintree is good place to see together, so you need two or more days for the area.

We also went to Table land, that was good day trip but you need a car... Anywhere you want to go (except ocean!), you need a transport. Hiring car would be cheaper than joining tours... We paid $400 for 6 days rental (hyndai elantra or something)

Also, if you stay in Cairns for a week or so, you don't need to book tours before arriving there... check weather everyday and schedule where you go if possible.

Especially if you are going to dive/snorkeling to Great barrier reef, 15nots or more wind would make you sick ...

• 4 weeks later...

You don't need to I guess. But it is really easy so it could be worth doing. Just set one up last week. No drama.

We are booking flights to Brisbane for September so understand your excitement. Want to exchange on the house first. :-)

good luck!!

Archived