Case Officer Replied but im very sad

pratheepa

12 FEB 2014 Medical uploaded and 25 th FEB 2014 I uploaded final requested DOCs after that I received email from CO on 16th march above mentioned lengthy email that places are limited and it may takes longer due to

Strange.

Seems like your last document was uploaded 25th of February.

As for Lordalam, his last document was uploaded 26th of February.

Yet, he managed to receive the grant. I don't see much logic in timelines here.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strange.

Seems like your last document was uploaded 25th of February.

As for Lordalam, his last document was uploaded 26th of February.

Yet, he managed to receive the grant. I don't see much logic in timelines here.

There is no logic to timelines, every visa case is different and different CO's handle things in their own way. There is no exact way to compare 2 applications.

There is no logic to timelines, every visa case is different and different CO's handle things in their own way. There is no exact way to compare 2 applications.

I dont think this will apply to 190 and 489 visa at this time. They are granting based on some logic.

I dont think this will apply to 190 and 489 visa at this time. They are granting based on some logic.

There is no way you can have the simple details from a timeline and say 'EOI lodged Dec, invite received Jan, meds Feb..... etc, and compare that to another application.

Yes state sponsored visas seem to process faster once the SS is granted but still there are so many variables from number of people on the application to extra PCC checks, referred meds, missing uploaded info, poorly understood requirements and so on, that means an application take any length of time to be properly assessed.

Hi Pratheepa

Sorry to hear about your case.

As per statistics, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM Category may have about 8000 places left. Till date, 190 had only 9009 visa invitations and about 900 may have their CO allocated (including you) for last month only while the remainder 8000 may have their visa approved. There is a capping on family 489, and the invitations State sponsored 489 is far less than 190, so mathematically 190 has a higher probability of visa grant than subclass 176, 475, 487, 496, 886.

On average 1000 invitations has been issued since Jan this year and you may have seen a decline in 190 invitations, so if your CO is allocated then you have a chance of getting grant in weeks time.

Whats bothers me is the reducing the processing time frame for 190 to three months and then sending such emails. They have removed the capping and occupational cieling has changed, consequently occupations to date has changed as well. I am a 190 recipient for ANZSCO 2349, post Feb, it had only 15 places left (45 invited) but now it has only 13 invitations.

I think, the planning levels may increase as well. It does not make sense to change the cieling levels and do not change the planning levels.

Hang in there.

Regarding your job, withdraw your resignation temporarily as in many organizations there is a provision.

Cheers

Thomas

Guys just because you have lodged a visa application it does not mean that you will be granted a visa.

It does not mean that all visas are processed in the same time lines either. Every visa application is totally different from each other application, and therefore it will be treated differently. Also remember that different visa classes are dealt with at different Immigration Dept offices and the work loads they are dealing with is also another dimension to the situation. What this all means is that you might get a visa, or you might not.

Many visas now have a quota per year attached to them.... you might have to wait to meet that quota criteria.

If your visa application is successful, when it is granted is down to the Australian Immigration Department, and nothing you can do will alter either of those decisions. Many people have been waiting for years to go through this process, so just be patient and get on with your lives until you know for sure what decision has been made in your particular case.

As per statistics, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM Category may have about 8000 places left. Till date, 190 had only 9009 visa invitations and about 900 may have their CO allocated (including you) for last month only while the remainder 8000 may have their visa approved.

Thomas

Dear Thomas.

According to your statement: "As per statistics, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM Category may have about 8000 places left."

Can you share the link where you got this number from (8000)? What is the source of your statistics (or do you simply share your assumptions)?

FYI, Invites/Nominations are not Visas.

9009 visa invites/nominations may result in 18018 granted visas if EACH invited skilled migrant goes with a spouse (on average) - etc. (simple math - multiply by 2 to understand the logic). What if we start accounting for children and dependents? But, let's not - we don't have the statistical data.

Till date, DIBP has NOT shared/published any statistics on the number of actual visas granted for this financial year.

One could give his own assumtion - I assume there are only 5 (five) visas left, not 8000 (both points of views are just assumptions, not based on official statistics, correct)?

Please don't confuse people with your assumptions.

Thanks for your valuable information Thomas, I look forward to hearing grant news soon. I started my immigration to Australia in 2009 but I faced many problems in between, at last I lodged my 190 visa in December 15th 2013.

One of my friends applied same visa 1 month before my visa, he grant his visa on 2 Feb 2014. However, we planned earlier to go AU together but he is lucky he grant visa 2 months ago. He is flaying in April last week.

desperately waiting for grant news from DIAC.

Hi Pratheepa

Sorry to hear about your case.

As per statistics, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM Category may have about 8000 places left. Till date, 190 had only 9009 visa invitations and about 900 may have their CO allocated (including you) for last month only while the remainder 8000 may have their visa approved. There is a capping on family 489, and the invitations State sponsored 489 is far less than 190, so mathematically 190 has a higher probability of visa grant than subclass 176, 475, 487, 496, 886.

On average 1000 invitations has been issued since Jan this year and you may have seen a decline in 190 invitations, so if your CO is allocated then you have a chance of getting grant in weeks time.

Whats bothers me is the reducing the processing time frame for 190 to three months and then sending such emails. They have removed the capping and occupational cieling has changed, consequently occupations to date has changed as well. I am a 190 recipient for ANZSCO 2349, post Feb, it had only 15 places left (45 invited) but now it has only 13 invitations.

I think, the planning levels may increase as well. It does not make sense to change the cieling levels and do not change the planning levels.

Hang in there.

Regarding your job, withdraw your resignation temporarily as in many organizations there is a provision.

Cheers

Thomas

Again I received same reply from CO for my second time enquiry.

HI Friends,

I applied 190 visa in December 2013 and Case Officer allocated in February 2014. After one month( today) I received email from CO that

Each year visa planning levels are set by the government for the programme year which forms the Migration Programme. The Migration Programme determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category each year.

The Direction specifies that Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements which can affect the order in which applications are considered during the programme year.

As of February 2014, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM category has a limited number of visa places remaining.

The remaining places will be allocated in line with the priority processing arrangements as follows:

· decisions on state and territory nominated subclass 190 and 489 applications; then

· family sponsored subclass 489 applications ; and

· any other Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM applications currently in the final stages of processing. This includes subsequent entrant subclass 489 applications which are exempt from the priority processing arrangements.

This will mean processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the department cannot grant any application until the following program year, unless more visa places become available. Until that time, I cannot guarantee that your client’s application will be decided in the immediate term, nor can I give an indication as to the likely timeframe. You can be assured, however, that the department will contact you when we are ready to finalise this visa application.

Till yesterday i was very happy but now im very disappointed and thinking how long does it take to grant visa. please suggest me what to do because I already resigned my job and my last day will be April mid week. My concern is that if I didnt received by April what to do??????

Pleeeeeeeease tell me can I get the visa by April 2014?????????????

Again I received same reply from CO for my second time enquiry.

I think the email is a very good explanation of how the visa process works, especially the sections you have highlighted for further explanation. A few people took the time to answer you first time you posted this. It looks like despite this you (or your agent) have requested further info and have been given the same response as nothing has changed. I don't think there is anything else for anyone to add. Your application will be dealt with by immigration as and when the dept is able to for whatever reason.

190-type visa grants in March (latest update)

03 March - http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/196210-189-190-visa-applicants-5135.html#post3300929

IAA81 / 135112: ICT PROJECT MANAGER / WA / Lodge 11/12/2013 / CO 30/1/2013 / SUB 17/2/2014

11 March - http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/196210-189-190-visa-applicants-5183.html#post3381161

Gaurav Vas / ??????? assessed in ACS ??????? / NSW / Lodge 19/12/2013 / CO 6/2/2014 / SUB 24/2/2013

12 March - 190 visa February Lodge Gang 2014 - Page 9

Jaime1984 / 323211: FITTER (GENERAL)_??OR??_322311: METAL FABRICATOR / QLD / Lodge 28/01/2014 / CO ---------/ --direct-grant-- (onshore)

12 March - http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/364417-subclass-190-slow-grant-speed-lets-share-time-lines-7.html#post3385081

Jaime1984 - deleted, it's the same user as above

12 March - 190 January Gang - Page 10

carlyanne87 / / QLD / Lodge 28/01/2014 / CO ---------/ --direct-grant-- (onshore) (deleted, it's the partner of the user above, Jaime1984)

19 March - http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/196210-189-190-visa-applicants-5222.html#post3452673

chgopi / --------------------------/ ------/ ----------/ ------------/ -------------/ ----------------

20 March - December 190 Visa Lodge - Page 13

lordalam / 251312: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISER / WA / Lodge 16/12/2013 / CO 4/2/2014 / SUB 26/2/2013

24 March - Delay in visa granted

Jorje / 233211: CIVIL ENGINEER / WA / Lodge 31/12/2013 / CO 17/2/2014 / SUB 11/03/2014

From experience you must be patient it is not a given - when we applied fro our PR visa can you believe it had just gone on two years when were were granted our visa yipeee. Be patient there is no guarantee and the best of luck. Immigration does the very best they can under extremely difficult situations.

Archived