Pregnant Wife - CO requested meds and PCC.

jeffjen0626

Hi everyone, just want to ask your opinion on our case. We lodged our 176 visa application on 13/06/11 and our previous CO requested initial documents from us in August of the same year which we all submitted. However, due to some reasons which we still don't know what exactly are, our CO had not contacted us despite our numerous follow ups. We've already lost our hope in our application until a new CO sent us an e-mail requesting meds and PCC. But the problem is, my wife is currently pregnat with our 2nd baby. I red some articles regarding the effect of x-ray to unborn child and it seems they all agree that the risk of having an adverse effect is very slim. If we decided to proceed w/ our meds, do you think the doctor will allow us? And if ever we have our visa granted, do we need to immediately migrate before the birth of the child or we can stay here and wait for the baby. If we choose the latter, will the child automatically be eligible for a visa? Or if we migrate before the child is born, does the child automatically become an Australian citizen upon his birth? Thanks in advance to those who will give their advice on our case. We will be grateful to hear from you. Cheers!!!

Hi there - I'm due to give birth to my first baby any day and had my Medical 2 weeks ago - I was all ready to have the chest x-Ray but couldn't do it when it came down to it. I think the risks are super slim and the level of exposure is on par with a long haul flight, but I still couldn't go ahead...mothers intuition perhaps! Anyway, you need a letter from your GP to support you having the X-ray, and you sung a form to say you understand the risks etc. I received a letter from Medibank shortly saying I would need to have the xray following delivery. I don't know if this means the processing of my visa is on hold now, I know of one person who was pregnant and PR was granted even though she hadn't had the X-ray. Good luck!

Hi there - I'm due to give birth to my first baby any day and had my Medical 2 weeks ago - I was all ready to have the chest x-Ray but couldn't do it when it came down to it. I think the risks are super slim and the level of exposure is on par with a long haul flight, but I still couldn't go ahead...mothers intuition perhaps! Anyway, you need a letter from your GP to support you having the X-ray, and you sung a form to say you understand the risks etc. I received a letter from Medibank shortly saying I would need to have the xray following delivery. I don't know if this means the processing of my visa is on hold now, I know of one person who was pregnant and PR was granted even though she hadn't had the X-ray. Good luck!

Thanks Melbkitty. But what if we decide to take the meds and they grant our visa afterwards, do you know whether the child also entitled for a visa?

If the visa is granted and the child is born outside Australia, the child will need Child visa 101 to be able to enter Australia.

If the visa is granted and the child born in Australia the child will be Australian citizen at birth.

You our can not add a child to a visa that has already been granted, if you plan to have the child outside Australia it would likely be easier to wait for the medicals and for the child to be added to the existing application at no extra cost.

But as you have been waiting so long for the grant, I'm not sure that waiting might be the best thing to do?

Personally I would not under go a chest X-ray that is not necessary for medical reasons while pregnant - but others have usually this will be carried out in the 2nd trimester, wearing a lead shield.

If the visa is granted and the child is born outside Australia, the child will need Child visa 101 to be able to enter Australia.

If the visa is granted and the child born in Australia the child will be Australian citizen at birth.

You our can not add a child to a visa that has already been granted, if you plan to have the child outside Australia it would likely be easier to wait for the medicals and for the child to be added to the existing application at no extra cost.

But as you have been waiting so long for the grant, I'm not sure that waiting might be the best thing to do?

Personally I would not under go a chest X-ray that is not necessary for medical reasons while pregnant - but others have usually this will be carried out in the 2nd trimester, wearing a lead shield.

Thanks for your reply, i was really enlightened. We're just worrying that another changes may happen on how they process pending visa application that might have adverse effect on ours. We really waited this for so long and now that we have given a chance we dont want to slip this on our hands. But at the same time we are also worrying on what we expect in Australia if we decide to have the baby born there as we probably still in transistion period and im not sure if i will immediately get a job to support the hospital bills and our daily needs. We have a savings of course but that might not be enough. By the way my wife is currently on her 15th week of pregnancy.

QUOTE=lebourvellec;1936465137]You will be PR and entitled to Medicare - therefore you should have no hospital bills if give birth in a public hospital.

Thanks a lot, i am very grateful that there are people here like you that are willing to help those in need of migration advice.:) God bless...

• 4 months later...
You will be PR and entitled to Medicare - therefore you should have no hospital bills if give birth in a public hospital.

Hi Stormy

My wife going to arrive 7 months pregnant for 1st time in Australia on PR visa, can there be issues about getting her medicare registration and using public sector hospitals facilities because of her being 7 months old?

Hi Stormy

My wife going to arrive 7 months pregnant for 1st time in Australia on PR visa, can there be issues about getting her medicare registration and using public sector hospitals facilities because of her being 7 months old?

No problem if you are PR. I arrived 29 weeks pregnant and had all check ups, birth etc in public hospital on medicare

I was pregnant when our meds etc were requested. The doctor would not allow me to have the xray, and the CO would not proceed without one. They just told us to wait until after the baby, and then get the meds done. It added another few months to our wait, but it's just one of those things. If you inform your CO, then they can tell you what you need to do...

Archived