Lil1986

So i lodged my application for subclass 835 Visa in March 2013 i have two young children that are dependants on my application this week i received and email from immi asking for my police checks and medicals to be done. I have done the police checks just waiting for them to come back and we go for our medicals on friday (14th March). I would really like to here from anyone in a similar postion to myself and how long you've been waiting? No one seems to know the ins and outs of this Visa and there doesn't seem to be any order to the granting of the Visa. I would just love to have a chat with people going through the same as myself:)

Lil

I know the waiting is a along time and don't expect to be granted my visa for many years yet but as most people on this site understand that the process is the most stressful thing I have ever done and the feeling of being in limbo is unbarable I just wanted to see where people are at with the visa process and how long they have been waiting.. As I haven't met anybody in wa that has applied for this visa :)

I just wanted to see where people are at with the visa process and how long they have been waiting.. As I haven't met anybody in wa that has applied for this visa :)

Hi there,

The following thread will give you a pretty good idea about how long people have been waiting to have their RR visa granted. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/93110-other-family-visas-cutbacks-delays-36.html

Cheers,

LB

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
So i lodged my application for subclass 835 Visa in March 2013 i have two young children that are dependants on my application this week i received and email from immi asking for my police checks and medicals to be done. I have done the police checks just waiting for them to come back and we go for our medicals on friday (14th March). I would really like to here from anyone in a similar postion to myself and how long you've been waiting? No one seems to know the ins and outs of this Visa and there doesn't seem to be any order to the granting of the Visa. I would just love to have a chat with people going through the same as myself:)

Lil

Hi Lil I have got the similar situation as you do and I will tell you a bit about my story:

My parents put in an application to sponsor me for the 835 visa in 2011, done all medical + clearance check and didn't hear anything till 2013. Since those medical + clearance only valid for a certain time and I was asked to redo all that again. After while, I was placed in a global queue which was given a queue date of August 2013. Up until now, I still don't hear anything from DIBP, and I do aware that its a long queue to wait for the allotment (probably more than 8 years for my position). :arghh:

So instead of blindly waiting without a time frame, I have recently apply for a different visa - Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa 489 FS.:yes:

Archived