Need urgent help on 457

AJAIN

My friend is planning to apply for visa 457 from India as a primary applicant. But recently he found that his spouse is 2 months pregnant and she will not be able to undergo x-ray examination. His spouse is supposed to go with him. But he is now confused on below points:

1) Should he mention about her pregnancy in form 1221. In that case he thinks that both of their visas will be kept on hold until the baby is born. Please help.

2) If he don't mention the same in form 1221 and let the immigration know about this during health examination. In that case also will their visa be kept on hold or the immigration

let her go with him and keep the medical on hold till baby is born. Will this have any impact on the status of Primary Applicant.

Please suggest what should be his approach on this as he has to go to Australia .

Thanks

Guest MigrateAustralia

Hello,

Your friend should mention about the pregnancy (DIBP will find out anyway so better to be up front). His wife will need to do an x-ray before her visa will be granted and the baby will need to be added to application, so it would probably be easier to just apply for him now and then apply for a subsequent entrant 457 visa for the wife and child once the baby has been born.

All the best.

Kind regards,

Philip

Thanks for reply....

I completely agree with your point that for now only he should apply for the visa. But please tell me one thing, will his wife and baby can apply for 457 visa later on and how much time will it take to get the visa approved if that is also sponsored by his company.

Also in the mean time for both cases, before & after baby is born, can his wife (& baby) fly on tourist visa to australia.

Guest MigrateAustralia

Yes, the wife and baby can apply for a visa later on. Processing is currently around 4-6 weeks for most 457 visa applications. The wife and baby can apply for a Tourist visa but if granted is likely to have a 'no further stay' condition. Would be better to lodge the 457.

Cheers,

Philip

Thanks Philip for you reply.

For now my friend has decided to go alone on 457. His wife and baby will join later on. Also he had discuss this with his company who agreed to sponsor them once they are ready to fly.

In the mean time, on what visa can his parents or siblings join him for sometime?

For now my friend has decided to go alone on 457. His wife and baby will join later on. Also he had discuss this with his company who agreed to sponsor them once they are ready to fly.

In the mean time, on what visa can his parents or siblings join him for sometime?

His parents and siblings cannot "join him", if they get a tourist visa they could visit.

His parents and siblings can join him for some time on a tourist visa.

Archived