Indian VISA for Australian Baby

brij6361

Hi Guys, May be not right forum but need urgent help!

Me and my wife both are Permanent Resident and holding Indian Passport. We are going to be Australian Citizen in September and don't want to apply for PIO card which is expensive. (After we become citizen - we can apply for life long OCI)

What visa we can apply? can I apply for tourist visa on arrival for my newborn baby?

Guest dugles

Hi,

Your question seems unclear approach however I understand that you are excited to know the status of your new-born ?? is not that?

It completely depends on your geographical location.

If you are PR holder as said, and you baby born onshore (Aus land) then he/she is already citizen.

But if born offshore then apply for visa subclass 101 see the link below

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/101.aspx

• 3 years later...

I think the question that was being asked was that the baby will be born on Australian soil. BUt in the meantime what type of visa would the baby require if they were to visit India?

I need an answer to this as my Sister and her husbands situation is very similar. They are both Uk residents with PR in australia. One child is an Australian citizen and a newborn has just received her Aus passport.

My question is, what type of visa is required for the newborn to visit India on holiday? As they fly in 2 weeks so obtaining a lifelong OCI is out of the question as it would take too long.

Thank you in advance!

Archived