A Case Officer...YIPPEE!

Guest Anita

Hi guys,

I'm still in a bit of shock. My husband came in off night shift at 6am this morning and said "are you feeling fit & healthy" and then proceeded to tell me we had received that long awaited email.....that certainly got me out of bed! :D Now we have to get our sponsors into centrelink and go for medicals. I had read Jordan's post last night about current processing dates and had worked out in my head it would still be another couple of months. Just goes to show you can never predict anything.

Lots to do today then!

Good luck to all of you still waiting I hope to read many more posts like this one this week.

Anita x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Anita

Well done, lass. I know exactly how you feel! I couldn't quite believe it when we suddenly heard from Mum's CO a few weeks ago, and suddenly you realise how much still needs to be done, that the visa is no longer a dream and it will happen etc.

Your're on your way, lassie! My Mum's visa requires an AoS, Bond etc too. She hasn't got her visa yet. I think that will take another 2-5 weeks, give or take, and certainly not less than another 2. I reckon that the Centrelink end of things adds about another 6 weeks to the overall timescale.

Well done again and let me know if you want to compare notes about the AoS end of this.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks for your messages they are much appreciated.

It's been a funny kind of day as it's my 4 year old daughters first day at 'big' school today so that was a little emotional and then receiving that email from Oz has really thrown my emotions into a spin. I feel awful sending her to school to get all settled in only to take her out again in a couple of months but then again she is very adaptable and can't wait to go so maybe i'm worrying over nothing.

I have been getting stuck into things and have managed to get us booked in for medicals next Tuesday for a grand total of £425 so that's not too bad for 2 adults and a child I don't think. Our sponsors are going to go into Centrelink on Monday so a quite productive day I think. All we need now is for someone to buy our house.......it's been on the market for 4 weeks now with no interest yet, should I be worried?

Gill...do you know if everyone who is being sponsored needs to pay an AOS bond? My sponsors say they don't but I disagree as everything I have read seems to indicate that we do have to pay one and I need to find out in advance how much this is going to cost. Any info greatly appreciated.

Anita x

Hi Anita

Well done, lass. I know exactly how you feel! I couldn't quite believe it when we suddenly heard from Mum's CO a few weeks ago, and suddenly you realise how much still needs to be done, that the visa is no longer a dream and it will happen etc.

Yeah, that's what I felt too - everything has been with the case officer for four weeks now (new forms, police checks, meds, etc) and all we're waiting for is the assurance of support. Are we safe in assuming that it's 99.9% a done deal? I reckon if there was anything which would prevent the visa being granted we'd know about it by now.

Cheers

Choobs

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Anita

The only visas I've studied in detail are Parents and Tourists. For Contributory Parents the bond is mandatory and is $10,000, held for 10 years.

Bonds are mandatory for some visa-classes and DIMA has a discretion to demand them with others. As far as I know, in all classes other than CPs, the Bond is released and the AoS expires after the migrant has lived in Oz for two years. Please try here:

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=391

and here:

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=214

These are by far the clearest and best descriptions that I have been able to find about this wretched topic!

Also, ask Choobs about this I suggest. He has had to arrange an AoS recently in connection with his and DD's application. He can probably tell you the amount of the Bond for the visa class you are involved with.

Sorry that I cannot be of more direct use.

Gill

Thanks Gill, you've been a great help...as always. Have you ever thought of becoming a migration agent? I think you would do an excellent job!

Anita x

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Good news Anita, things are moving along nicely for you nearly there now. Out of interest when did DIMA receive your application. Hoping for some news ourselves soon, its just so unpredictable like everyone here, all we can do is wait!!!!

Best Wishes Mandie

Hi Mandie,

DIMA received our application on 27th March 2006 and our application is non MODL and its a BQ subclass 138 sponsored visa. Hope you will hear some good news soon.

Anita x

Guest daisydeeds

Anita,

Bond is 3500 AUD to cover the main sponsored applicant and a subsequent 1,500 AUD for each additional applicant over 18 years of age so like, for us, it was 5,000 AUD. The sponsor doesnt have to pay this, its the Assuror and its returnable after 2 years minus any benefits claimed excluding family allowance and stuff. The Assuror can be the same person as the sponsor but doesnt have to be and every 138 application needs an Assuror.

Daisydeeds and Choobs.

Guest Gollywobbler

[quote name="choobs

Yeah' date=' that's what I felt too - everything has been with the case officer for four weeks now (new forms, police checks, meds, etc) and all we're waiting for is the assurance of support. Are we safe in assuming that it's 99.9% a done deal? I reckon if there was anything which would prevent the visa being granted we'd know about it by now.

Cheers

Choobs

Hi Choobs

We're at much the same point as you. My sister's AoS interview last Thursday was totally unlike the cosy descriptions of it on Centrelink's publicity blurb. Apparently the guy was seeing applicants at 10 minute intervals. He was getting them in, making them sign the forms in his presence, snatching up all the paperwork saying that he would be in touch with the Authority to lodge the Bond and kicking them out.

Apparently they reserve the right to take up to 28 days to send out the authority to lodge the Bond, followed by a further 28 days to notify DIMA once Centrelink's end of things is complete.

It is bloody frustrating at the 11th hour to be hanging around waiting on Centrelink's convenience about the whole thing.

Gill :evil:

Thanks Choobs/Daisydeeds & Gill,

Well our sponsor/Assuror has an appointment with centrelink next Thursday and they found out that in our case the AOS bond will also be $5000. They have refused to accept the money from us and have said that they will pay it which is so great of them.

Things are definately moving and we've even had someone view the house although I didn't get the impression they were particularly interested. Family now coming to terms with the fact that it's probably not a case of "if" we go but "when" we go, that's the hard bit for me really as we are so excited but have to keep a lid on it as you can visibly see our family are a little upset by it all even though they are happy for us. I think any goodbye's at the airport are going to be horrendous.

I'm hoping we'll have the visa before Christmas so we can plan to leave early Jan.....do you think that's realistic?

Anita x

Guest daisydeeds

Anita. I would think that if you are ready to lodge the bond soon then you should have the visa well before Christmas. Choobs and I spoke to our Migration agent letting them know where we were and they said that we should be over in Oz before then. I hope it is the same for you too.

We have sold our house and have a tenancy which finishes at the end of October so if we dont have the visa before mid October then we ll have to go look for somewhere else to live. Choobs has a rolling notice at his work so at least he ll have a job if there is a delay/it takes longer to process things so itll all work out fine.

Daisydeeds.

Archived